Off to do some shopping at Wisbech - but first let me take a selfie.
- Credit: Archant
The winner of a shopping selfie competition has been announced.
Throughout the summer, the Horsefair Shopping Centre at Wisbech invited shoppers to take a selfie when visiting the centre.
To encourage people to share their selfie on the centre’s Facebook page, the Horsefair gave away a brand new smartphone to the person whose picture received the most likes.
The winner was Jenny Badcock whose photo received 60 likes. Jenny won an LG OPTIMUS L5 II smartphone, worth more than £150, donated by Argos.
Centre manager at the Horsefair, Kevin Smith, said: “We were delighted with the selfies that we received. People really got into the spirit of it.”
You may also want to watch:
The Horsefair selfies project was a new social media community initiative that aimed to encourage people to show their support for town centre businesses by being seen in Wisbech.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening