Off to do some shopping at Wisbech - but first let me take a selfie.
- Credit: Archant
The winner of a shopping selfie competition has been announced.
Throughout the summer, the Horsefair Shopping Centre at Wisbech invited shoppers to take a selfie when visiting the centre.
To encourage people to share their selfie on the centre’s Facebook page, the Horsefair gave away a brand new smartphone to the person whose picture received the most likes.
The winner was Jenny Badcock whose photo received 60 likes. Jenny won an LG OPTIMUS L5 II smartphone, worth more than £150, donated by Argos.
Centre manager at the Horsefair, Kevin Smith, said: “We were delighted with the selfies that we received. People really got into the spirit of it.”
You may also want to watch:
The Horsefair selfies project was a new social media community initiative that aimed to encourage people to show their support for town centre businesses by being seen in Wisbech.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 4 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 7 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide