Off to do some shopping at Wisbech - but first let me take a selfie.
- Credit: Archant
The winner of a shopping selfie competition has been announced.
Throughout the summer, the Horsefair Shopping Centre at Wisbech invited shoppers to take a selfie when visiting the centre.
To encourage people to share their selfie on the centre’s Facebook page, the Horsefair gave away a brand new smartphone to the person whose picture received the most likes.
The winner was Jenny Badcock whose photo received 60 likes. Jenny won an LG OPTIMUS L5 II smartphone, worth more than £150, donated by Argos.
Centre manager at the Horsefair, Kevin Smith, said: “We were delighted with the selfies that we received. People really got into the spirit of it.”
You may also want to watch:
The Horsefair selfies project was a new social media community initiative that aimed to encourage people to show their support for town centre businesses by being seen in Wisbech.
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 9 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 10 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs