Obituary - Brian Hardy
BUSINESSMAN and local councillor, Brian Hardy, died at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King s Lynn, on Monday, aged 70. Mr Hardy, of Rose Walk, Wisbech, had been trading in the health food business in Wisbech for more than 40 years through his shop in Hill Stre
BUSINESSMAN and local councillor, Brian Hardy, died at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King's Lynn, on Monday, aged 70.
Mr Hardy, of Rose Walk, Wisbech, had been trading in the health food business in Wisbech for more than 40 years through his shop in Hill Street, Brian Hardy Speciality Foods.
He had also been a Fenland District Councillor from May 1999 until the elections earlier this year when he decided not to seek re-election because of ill health. He had also been a town councillor in 1995.
Mr Hardy remained a Cambridgeshire County Councillor until his death. He was elected in 1997 and represented the Leverington area, which became Peckover and Roman Bank division.
Mr Hardy, pictured, leaves a widow Margaret, daughter Emily and a granddaughter.
The funeral service will take place on Wednesday at St Peter's Church, Wisbech (11am), followed by cremation at King's Lynn.
- 1 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 2 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 5 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 6 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 7 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Fenmen 'not far' from turning fortunes round despite second straight loss
- 10 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs