Obituary - Brian Hardy
BUSINESSMAN and local councillor, Brian Hardy, died at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King s Lynn, on Monday, aged 70. Mr Hardy, of Rose Walk, Wisbech, had been trading in the health food business in Wisbech for more than 40 years through his shop in Hill Stre
BUSINESSMAN and local councillor, Brian Hardy, died at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King's Lynn, on Monday, aged 70.
Mr Hardy, of Rose Walk, Wisbech, had been trading in the health food business in Wisbech for more than 40 years through his shop in Hill Street, Brian Hardy Speciality Foods.
He had also been a Fenland District Councillor from May 1999 until the elections earlier this year when he decided not to seek re-election because of ill health. He had also been a town councillor in 1995.
Mr Hardy remained a Cambridgeshire County Councillor until his death. He was elected in 1997 and represented the Leverington area, which became Peckover and Roman Bank division.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hardy, pictured, leaves a widow Margaret, daughter Emily and a granddaughter.
The funeral service will take place on Wednesday at St Peter's Church, Wisbech (11am), followed by cremation at King's Lynn.
- 1 Solicitor firm embraces legal sector apprenticeship scheme
- 2 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 3 Hare coursers handed Criminal Behaviour Orders
- 4 Baby abuse among paedophile’s 290,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Majority of councillors refuse to object to Wisbech incinerator - for now
- 6 Drug dealer who led class A drugs line caught in police sting
- 7 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 8 Men caught with cannabis at village park
- 9 Community orchard to launch next month
- 10 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub