‘Inspirational’ manager, ‘motivated’ children and ‘skilful’ staff help Oasis Nursery, Wisbech, achieve outstanding Ofsted rating
- Credit: Archant
The manager of a Wisbech nursery has been hailed as “inspirational” in a glowing Ofsted report.
Oasis Nursery on St. Michaels Avenue was rated as outstanding across all four of Ofsted’s criteria – an impressive improvement from its previous inspection in 2013 when it achieved a ‘good’ rating.
Inspector Jacqueline Baker said manager Mandy White is “inspirational” and continually strives to improve outcomes for all of Oasis’ 43 children and that its staff skilfully enhance children’s learning at every opportunity.
Children at the council-run nursery enjoy their time from the moment they arrive and make rapid progress from their starting points, according to Ms Baker.
“All children show the characteristics of successful and motivated learners who have the attitudes and skills needed for the next stage in learning,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
Ms White and her staff’s knowledge of every child’s background was described as “second to none” and their partnerships with parents and outside professionals are “excellent,” according to Ms Baker’s report.
The glowing report comes six years after the nursery was threatened with closure.
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 8 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 9 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 10 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
The council took over running the nursery in June 2006 and it was the subject of a review into its future in September 2011 because it was not operating at full capacity.
Councillor Samantha Hoy, vice-chairman of Cambridgeshire County Council’s children and young people committee, said: “I am absolutely thrilled that Oasis Nursery has been rated ‘outstanding’ in all areas. It is great that the hard work, enthusiasm and dedication of all the staff has been recognised and in particular the inspirational leadership of the nursery manager.
“The report is a glowing tribute to the excellent teaching at Oasis which enhances the children’s learning at every opportunity. It is clear that the children enjoy their time at the nursery from the moment they arrive and they are enthusiastic and motivated learners.
“Good quality nursery provision in Cambridgeshire is essential so that when children start school they have the skills and attitude they need for the next stage in their learning journey and to ensure that all children live up to their full potential.
“I hope to see the manager and staff at Oasis use this outstanding Ofsted rating as a springboard to continue to further improve the quality of the early years provision they offer.”