‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- Credit: Facebook/Policing Fenland
Several number plate thefts from “numerous” vehicles across Fenland have been reported to police, sparking a warning from officers.
Cambridgeshire Constabulary’s Fenland Neighbourhood Policing Team are urging any victims of number plate thefts to report it immediately.
A police spokesperson said: “We have recently been made aware of numerous thefts of number plates from vehicles in the region.
“Aside from the obvious inconvenience, costs and damage to vehicles these thefts cause with regards to having to replace the physical plates, these thefts also cause stress, worry and concern to victims whose vehicles have been targeted.
“Number plates can be stolen for a number of different reasons - either way their theft is never good.
You may also want to watch:
“If you have been a victim of number plate theft in the local area and have not yet reported it to us then we urge you to do so.
“Reports can be made via 101 or by using the online reporting system on our website.”
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 9 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition