Four hospitalised – including young child – following crash involving suspected drink driver
- Credit: Archant
Four people, including one young child, were rushed to hospital following a head-on car crash involving a suspected drink driver.
A 27-year-old man from Wisbech was arrested on suspicion of drink driving after the crash on Norwich Road in the town on November 11.
Police were called at around 5.50pm after the collision between a Peugeot 307 and Honda Accord which left an infant passenger with injuries.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Constabulary said: “A child who was a passenger in the Honda received minor injuries as a result of the collision.
“A 27-year-old man from Wisbech, who is believed to have been driving the Peugeot, was arrested on suspicion of drink driving. He has since been released under investigation.”
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “Two ambulances were sent to Norwich Road, Wisbech shortly before 6pm following reports of road traffic collision.
“One woman was transported to Queen Elizabeth Hospital by ambulance for further assessment and care; two adults and an infant were also conveyed to hospital by other means.”
- 1 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 10 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim