Four hospitalised – including young child – following crash involving suspected drink driver
- Credit: Archant
Four people, including one young child, were rushed to hospital following a head-on car crash involving a suspected drink driver.
A 27-year-old man from Wisbech was arrested on suspicion of drink driving after the crash on Norwich Road in the town on November 11.
Police were called at around 5.50pm after the collision between a Peugeot 307 and Honda Accord which left an infant passenger with injuries.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Constabulary said: “A child who was a passenger in the Honda received minor injuries as a result of the collision.
“A 27-year-old man from Wisbech, who is believed to have been driving the Peugeot, was arrested on suspicion of drink driving. He has since been released under investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “Two ambulances were sent to Norwich Road, Wisbech shortly before 6pm following reports of road traffic collision.
“One woman was transported to Queen Elizabeth Hospital by ambulance for further assessment and care; two adults and an infant were also conveyed to hospital by other means.”
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 3 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 7 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 8 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000