Four hospitalised – including young child – following crash involving suspected drink driver
- Credit: Archant
Four people, including one young child, were rushed to hospital following a head-on car crash involving a suspected drink driver.
A 27-year-old man from Wisbech was arrested on suspicion of drink driving after the crash on Norwich Road in the town on November 11.
Police were called at around 5.50pm after the collision between a Peugeot 307 and Honda Accord which left an infant passenger with injuries.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Constabulary said: “A child who was a passenger in the Honda received minor injuries as a result of the collision.
“A 27-year-old man from Wisbech, who is believed to have been driving the Peugeot, was arrested on suspicion of drink driving. He has since been released under investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “Two ambulances were sent to Norwich Road, Wisbech shortly before 6pm following reports of road traffic collision.
“One woman was transported to Queen Elizabeth Hospital by ambulance for further assessment and care; two adults and an infant were also conveyed to hospital by other means.”
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 9 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 10 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare