Norwich & Peterborough Building Society donate gardening equipment to Fenland school
EVEN more children will be able to join Upwell Primary School s gardening club – thanks to a donation from a green-minded building society. Norwich and Peterborough Building Society has donated a wheelbarrow, some tools and has helped towards a new greenh
EVEN more children will be able to join Upwell Primary School's gardening club - thanks to a donation from a green-minded building society.
Norwich and Peterborough Building Society has donated a wheelbarrow, some tools and has helped towards a new greenhouse.
Linda Mahoney, the school's office administrator, approached her branch for a donation towards the gardening club to help pupils learn more about growing their own food.
The gardening club started in September and the eight Year 6 members take part in gardening at lunch times and after school.
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped the club will now expand so all pupils can join in.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires
- 10 Man dies in three-car A47 crash and another remains in life-threatening condition