Norwich & Peterborough Building Society donate gardening equipment to Fenland school
EVEN more children will be able to join Upwell Primary School s gardening club – thanks to a donation from a green-minded building society. Norwich and Peterborough Building Society has donated a wheelbarrow, some tools and has helped towards a new greenh
EVEN more children will be able to join Upwell Primary School's gardening club - thanks to a donation from a green-minded building society.
Norwich and Peterborough Building Society has donated a wheelbarrow, some tools and has helped towards a new greenhouse.
Linda Mahoney, the school's office administrator, approached her branch for a donation towards the gardening club to help pupils learn more about growing their own food.
The gardening club started in September and the eight Year 6 members take part in gardening at lunch times and after school.
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped the club will now expand so all pupils can join in.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 8 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 9 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 10 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project