Norfolk Police urge motorists to take care after more than 20 collisions due to snow
POLICE in Norfolk have urged motorists to take extra care when travelling throughout the county tonight (Thursday) as more snow is expected. More than 20 collisions took place across the county from 6am-2.30pm today – it is believed ice and snow may have
POLICE in Norfolk have urged motorists to take extra care when travelling throughout the county tonight (Thursday) as more snow is expected.
More than 20 collisions took place across the county from 6am-2.30pm today - it is believed ice and snow may have been contributory factors for many.
Such incidents have taken place throughout Norfolk in areas including King's Lynn, Thetford, Norwich and Cromer.
Motorists seem to be heeding advice with less than a handful of the collisions resulting in injuries:
You may also want to watch:
• At shortly after 7.45am a two vehicle collision took place on the A47 at Necton on the Dereham-bound carriageway. The road was partially blocked but clear by around 9.40am.
One person received minor injuries. The vehicles were a Fiat Stilo and a Renault Clio.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 5 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 8 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 9 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 10 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
• On the A1065 at Hempton shortly before 8.15am a two vehicle collision took place between a Mazda 6 and a Volkswagen Passat.
The incident took place just south of Fakenham on the Swaffham-bound carriageway. The road was partially blocked and one person received minor hand injuries.
• At around 11.30am in Hall Lane, Crostwick, a Renault Megane and a Vauxhall Corsa collided.
The road was blocked but was reopened at around noon. One person received hand injuries.
• At around 1.20pm in Bowers Avenue, Norwich, a Vauxhall Astra was involved in a collision with a post box. The female driver received minor bruising.
A police spokesman said: "If you get stuck in the snow stay with your car, but in an emergency if you do need to leave it, park it out of the main traffic route where it won't cause an obstruction when conditions ease.
"Leave a contact number on the inside of the windscreen and return to your car at the first opportunity you have.