‘No shows’ threaten livelihood of popular pub
- Credit: Red Lion
It is one of the treasures of Wisbech for eating out and for drinking – but has hit a post pandemic snag.
Customers are flocking back to the Red Lion on North Brink but they are falling victim to the ‘no shows’.
Landlady Maggie posted on the pub’s Facebook page: “It is with great frustration I write this post.
“It’s so lovely that people are returning to The Red Lion and we are very happy to see you all
“But quite a few bookings have not turned up can I please ask kindly could you please call and cancel.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “As I know people’s plans change due to unforeseen circumstances but we have turned so many down as we thought we didn’t have room for them.”
The Elgood’s pub is one of the town’s most popular.
- 1 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 2 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 3 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 6 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 7 Jail for man who broke partner’s nose and intimidated witness
- 8 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 9 Walking tours, open days and exhibitions to 'celebrate the Fens'
- 10 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend
On Trip Adviser the Red Lion is rated fourth out of 71 restaurants and bars in the Wisbech area.
And of 249 reviews, 92 per cent rate it “excellent” or “very good”.
Phone: 01945 582 022