‘No shows’ threaten livelihood of popular pub
- Credit: Red Lion
It is one of the treasures of Wisbech for eating out and for drinking – but has hit a post pandemic snag.
Customers are flocking back to the Red Lion on North Brink but they are falling victim to the ‘no shows’.
Landlady Maggie posted on the pub’s Facebook page: “It is with great frustration I write this post.
“It’s so lovely that people are returning to The Red Lion and we are very happy to see you all
“But quite a few bookings have not turned up can I please ask kindly could you please call and cancel.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “As I know people’s plans change due to unforeseen circumstances but we have turned so many down as we thought we didn’t have room for them.”
The Elgood’s pub is one of the town’s most popular.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family
On Trip Adviser the Red Lion is rated fourth out of 71 restaurants and bars in the Wisbech area.
And of 249 reviews, 92 per cent rate it “excellent” or “very good”.
Phone: 01945 582 022