Fenland police put swan ‘in custody’ after it’s caught standing in the middle of the road
- Credit: Twitter/@FenCops
Police in the Fens have put a swan “in custody” after it was caught stood in the middle of the road.
Two brave officers approached the roaming bird in Parson Drove on Friday (December 6) - but it reportedly refused to move.
Going above and beyond in the face of danger, the two Fen Cops placed their coat around the bird in a bid to take it to safety.
A spokesman said: "No luck catching that swan then? Well actually "yes".
"This swan refused to move from Murrow bank in Parson Drove this morning.
You may also want to watch:
"One swan in custody and removed to the near by river. The swan then refused to go in and he flew off."
Officers shared photos on social media of the suspect safely in the back of their police patrol car to their 6,400 followers.
- 1 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 2 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 3 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 4 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault