Fenland police put swan ‘in custody’ after it’s caught standing in the middle of the road
- Credit: Twitter/@FenCops
Police in the Fens have put a swan “in custody” after it was caught stood in the middle of the road.
Two brave officers approached the roaming bird in Parson Drove on Friday (December 6) - but it reportedly refused to move.
Going above and beyond in the face of danger, the two Fen Cops placed their coat around the bird in a bid to take it to safety.
A spokesman said: "No luck catching that swan then? Well actually "yes".
"This swan refused to move from Murrow bank in Parson Drove this morning.
You may also want to watch:
"One swan in custody and removed to the near by river. The swan then refused to go in and he flew off."
Officers shared photos on social media of the suspect safely in the back of their police patrol car to their 6,400 followers.
- 1 Body found in Wisbech road
- 2 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 3 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 4 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 5 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 8 Urgent police appeal to find man missing since Thursday
- 9 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre