QEH at King’s Lynn urging patients to ‘attend appointments as normal’ following concerns of winter pressures
- Credit: Archant
Patients booked in for outpatient procedures at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn are being urged to still attend their appointments as normal despite the winter pressures.
The hospital says that they’re expecting a wave of phone calls from patients’ following national media coverage about the ‘NHS winter plans.
Chief executive Jon Green said: “Whilst we have cancelled some operations, and despite high levels of attendances at A&E, we would like to reassure the public that our outpatients’ appointments are running.
“So we would ask all patients to continue to attend their appointments as normal unless we contact them directly. However, we continually review the situation.”
An NHS spokesman said: “Pressures have been building on A&E departments for several years and can increase significantly over winter because of a rise in the number of people admitted to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“The NHS has pulled out all the stops to prepare for this winter – we are determined to protect the good standards of service that the public have come to expect.
“As a result, planning started earlier than ever before with hospitals, GPs, social services and other health professionals coming together to work out the best way of responding in every area of the country.”
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 3 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 4 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 5 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka