40 jobs for Wisbech as Wickes prepare to open their 25,000 sq ft store first proposed in 2006
- Credit: Archant
Twelve years after Wickes first considered moving to Wisbech, their new 25,000 square feet store – offering jobs for up to 40 people – is set to open next month.
The home improvement retailer, with over 200 sites across the UK, will open north of Belgrave Retail Park on February 7,
Wickes first proposed moving to Wisbech in 2008 to fill what they felt was a ‘strategic gap’ between King’s Lynn and Peterborough.
However the project was shelved temporarily but resurrected in 2016 when the application came before Fenland planners to build the new store that will be accessed via Sandown Road with a service access off Enterprise Way.
Designed for Travis Perkins (Property) Ltd, the proposed store comprised 20,000 sq ft sales area with 5,000 sq.ft mezzanine and 5,000 sq.ft outdoor project centre.
You may also want to watch:
Wickes is one of the UK’s fastest growing home improvement retailers; it opened its first store in 1972.
There are currently 10,000+ products in the Wickes range from kitchens and bathrooms to paint and timber, all of which are available to buy in-store, online or by telephone.
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project
- 10 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden