New strategy suggests lorry park would cut impact of HGVs in Wisbech town centre
- Credit: Archant
A dedicated lorry park would help cut the impact of HGVs in Wisbech town centre.
A feasibility study to look at where to establish a lorry park is needed and there is also a need to look at ways of moving HGV traffic away from the town centre.
Better signage could help reduce the number of HGVs using inappropriate routes through the town according to Wisbech’s new transport strategy.
The report points out that new developments which create ‘significant’ levels of HGV traffic will be expected to help pay for better direction signs for lorries.
Potential sites on the edge of Wisbech will be considered in a feasibility study for at least one or more lorry parks for the town.
You may also want to watch:
A lorry park will be looked at alongside a possible link road solution.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000