New scheme launched to help older people in Cambridgeshire
A NEW scheme called Life Changers has been launched in Fenland which offers help to older people coping with financial or housing problems. Life Changers is funded by Roddons Housing and Fenland District Council and is a new service being offered by Age C
A NEW scheme called Life Changers has been launched in Fenland which offers help to older people coping with financial or housing problems.
Life Changers is funded by Roddons Housing and Fenland District Council and is a new service being offered by Age Concern in Cambridgeshire.
The service is available to older people living in Chatteris, March, Whittlesey, Wisbech and surrounding villages.
Kathy Dougall, Life Changers organiser, said: "Older people can find it difficult to access help because they may have problems leaving their home or travelling.
"Many older people do not have internet access and some may have problems with hearing, making it difficult to use the telephone, sometimes they simply can't cope.
"Life Changers provides information and support needed to enable them to cope better, the service will be provided either over the telephone or by home visits, whichever is most suitable for the client."
- 1 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 6 Council’s final meeting of 2021 to include minute’s silence for those lost
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 9 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 10 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
If you would like more information, or if you can volunteer some time to Life Changers, please call 01354 696650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org