New scheme launched to help older people in Cambridgeshire
A NEW scheme called Life Changers has been launched in Fenland which offers help to older people coping with financial or housing problems. Life Changers is funded by Roddons Housing and Fenland District Council and is a new service being offered by Age C
A NEW scheme called Life Changers has been launched in Fenland which offers help to older people coping with financial or housing problems.
Life Changers is funded by Roddons Housing and Fenland District Council and is a new service being offered by Age Concern in Cambridgeshire.
The service is available to older people living in Chatteris, March, Whittlesey, Wisbech and surrounding villages.
Kathy Dougall, Life Changers organiser, said: "Older people can find it difficult to access help because they may have problems leaving their home or travelling.
"Many older people do not have internet access and some may have problems with hearing, making it difficult to use the telephone, sometimes they simply can't cope.
"Life Changers provides information and support needed to enable them to cope better, the service will be provided either over the telephone or by home visits, whichever is most suitable for the client."
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 4 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 5 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 6 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 9 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
If you would like more information, or if you can volunteer some time to Life Changers, please call 01354 696650 or email email@example.com