Wisbech celebrates annual Mustard Day with pop-up restaurant at Octavia Hill Museum
- Credit: Archant
A new pop-up restaurant is opening in Wisbech on Saturday November 11 at the Octavia Hill Birthplace Museum.
Diners have been rushing to sign up for the latest pop-up restaurant in Wisbech, a mustard restaurant for those who love it, or just wish to experiment.
The pop-up restaurant is being held from 1pm in celebration of Wisbech’s historic connection with mustard growing on the annual Mustard Day. Mustard markets would take place in Wisbech every Saturday in October at Octavia Hill.
The history of mustard growing in Wisbech doesn’t stop at the markets. The mustard seeds imported from Holland would all be stored in granaries in Wisbech for Colman, Keen and Sadler.
The afternoon of the restaurants opening day will see Alison Sloan, food consultant, serve mustard and cheese scones and offer a tasting session from 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
The evening ‘Pop-up Supper Club’ has already been fully booked up. Diners will get a three-course meal sourced from fresh and local ingredients.
The ‘Supper Club’ meals are all prepared by Alison Sloan, who has worked alongside TV chef Gordan Ramsay at the BBC Good Food Show.
- 1 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 2 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 5 Share your views on our newspaper via reader survey
- 6 Woman ‘drink driver’ arrested for having no licence or insurance
- 7 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 8 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 9 Man who died in road crash is named
- 10 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream