Wisbech celebrates annual Mustard Day with pop-up restaurant at Octavia Hill Museum
- Credit: Archant
A new pop-up restaurant is opening in Wisbech on Saturday November 11 at the Octavia Hill Birthplace Museum.
Diners have been rushing to sign up for the latest pop-up restaurant in Wisbech, a mustard restaurant for those who love it, or just wish to experiment.
The pop-up restaurant is being held from 1pm in celebration of Wisbech’s historic connection with mustard growing on the annual Mustard Day. Mustard markets would take place in Wisbech every Saturday in October at Octavia Hill.
The history of mustard growing in Wisbech doesn’t stop at the markets. The mustard seeds imported from Holland would all be stored in granaries in Wisbech for Colman, Keen and Sadler.
The afternoon of the restaurants opening day will see Alison Sloan, food consultant, serve mustard and cheese scones and offer a tasting session from 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
The evening ‘Pop-up Supper Club’ has already been fully booked up. Diners will get a three-course meal sourced from fresh and local ingredients.
The ‘Supper Club’ meals are all prepared by Alison Sloan, who has worked alongside TV chef Gordan Ramsay at the BBC Good Food Show.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 6 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires