New group set up in Leverington with aim of getting village a play area
A NEW group has been set up in Leverington, Cambridgeshire, with the aim of getting a play area for village youngsters. A site has been earmarked and the first fundraising event has been planned for Good Friday (April 2). Sarah Dav
Story by: MAGGIE GIBSON
A NEW group has been set up in Leverington, Cambridgeshire, with the aim of getting a play area for village youngsters.
A site has been earmarked and the first fundraising event has been planned for Good Friday (April 2).
Sarah Davey, a parent and secretary of the group, said: After the 'outstanding' Ofsted performance of Leverington Primary School and all the hard work the children have put into their education, it is felt they deserve somewhere safe and fun to play after school.
You may also want to watch:
"At the moment there are very little facilities in the village for children and with the money being spent recently in the town centre play areas and open spaces it is now time to act on getting some of this money spent on the villages."
Mrs Davey said attempts were made last year to acquire funding for a project but were not successful.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
She said: "We are more organised than we were last year and certainly have the drive to push this forward. We have a new committee set up called the Leverington Playground Group and we have organised our first Fun Day."
The fun day takes place at Leverington Sports and Social Club from 11am-4pm and will include displays of gymnastics, street dancing and tae kwon-do. There will also be a bouncy castle, car boot, an Easter egg hunt, raffles, stalls and more.
• Offers of help are needed for the event along with raffle prizes. Contact Mrs Davey on 07900 961727, or Brenda Barber on 07533 351977.