New general manager for Hickathrift House scoops award
- Credit: Archant
The new general manager at Hickathrift House in Marshland St James has already scooped an award at a regional ceremony.
Ceri Mills, the home’s new general manager, won the division title of apprentice/learner of the year at the Barchester Care Awards 2018.
Ceri’s award is not the only reason the home is celebrating as Paula Colman was crowned ‘memory lane champion’ for Barchester’s central division and is through to the national finals.
Ceri Mills said: “I am completely shocked and excited to receive this award. I am so lucky to be supported by a fantastic team and I feel honoured.
“I am very passionate about my role and Hickathrift House and I can’t wait until the national awards to see if Hickathrift come home with national titles.”
You may also want to watch:
The awards celebrate staff and volunteers who go the extra mile for the benefit of individuals living in Barchester care homes.
Categories range from ‘registered nurse of the year’ and ‘carer of the year’ to ‘maintenance champion’ and ‘team of the year’.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 6 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 9 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
A spokesman said: “More than 1,300 nominations were received from homes across the UK. All entries have been of a very high standard and Ceri and Paula are both thrilled to have been named top in the region.”