New general manager for Hickathrift House scoops award
- Credit: Archant
The new general manager at Hickathrift House in Marshland St James has already scooped an award at a regional ceremony.
Ceri Mills, the home’s new general manager, won the division title of apprentice/learner of the year at the Barchester Care Awards 2018.
Ceri’s award is not the only reason the home is celebrating as Paula Colman was crowned ‘memory lane champion’ for Barchester’s central division and is through to the national finals.
Ceri Mills said: “I am completely shocked and excited to receive this award. I am so lucky to be supported by a fantastic team and I feel honoured.
“I am very passionate about my role and Hickathrift House and I can’t wait until the national awards to see if Hickathrift come home with national titles.”
The awards celebrate staff and volunteers who go the extra mile for the benefit of individuals living in Barchester care homes.
Categories range from ‘registered nurse of the year’ and ‘carer of the year’ to ‘maintenance champion’ and ‘team of the year’.
- 1 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 2 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 3 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 4 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 5 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 6 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 Recap: Air ambulance attends A47 crash near Wisbech
- 9 £1,350 a day (plus VAT) for new chief executive at combined authority
- 10 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
A spokesman said: “More than 1,300 nominations were received from homes across the UK. All entries have been of a very high standard and Ceri and Paula are both thrilled to have been named top in the region.”