New general manager for 52 bed Marshland St James care home
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a care home in Marshland St James near Wisbech have welcomed a new general manager to the team.
Ceri Mills will oversee the running of the 52-bed Hickathrift House care home and will be responsible for a team of 60.
Ceri originally joined the house in 2007 but left in 2009 to gain experience within a different setting.
She returned in 2011 as a carer, quickly working her way up to the role of senior carer, head of the residential community and then deputy manager in 2014.
She said: “I am delighted to be embracing my new role and I’m looking forward to managing the home and continuing to ensure we provide high quality care for our residents.
You may also want to watch:
“We are all looking forward to the summer fayre in August and I can’t wait to see all of our families and residents there, along with the local community.”
Ioana Pop, regional director, said: “I am pleased that Ceri has taken over as the general manager at Hickathrift House.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
“We are committed to providing high quality care and I know that Ceri is already a big hit with our residents.”
Hickathrift House care home is run by Barchester Healthcare, one of the UK’s largest care providers.
The house provides residential and dementia care for 52 residents from respite care to long term stays.