New general manager for 52 bed Marshland St James care home
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a care home in Marshland St James near Wisbech have welcomed a new general manager to the team.
Ceri Mills will oversee the running of the 52-bed Hickathrift House care home and will be responsible for a team of 60.
Ceri originally joined the house in 2007 but left in 2009 to gain experience within a different setting.
She returned in 2011 as a carer, quickly working her way up to the role of senior carer, head of the residential community and then deputy manager in 2014.
She said: “I am delighted to be embracing my new role and I’m looking forward to managing the home and continuing to ensure we provide high quality care for our residents.
You may also want to watch:
“We are all looking forward to the summer fayre in August and I can’t wait to see all of our families and residents there, along with the local community.”
Ioana Pop, regional director, said: “I am pleased that Ceri has taken over as the general manager at Hickathrift House.
- 1 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 2 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 3 £1,000 donation will help bring school swimming pool back to life
- 4 LETTER: Why I quit as an independent to re-join Tories
- 5 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 6 Community order for woman who spat at police officer in 'vile assault'
- 7 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 8 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
- 9 Police seize e-scooter as part of action plan following hit-and-run
- 10 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
“We are committed to providing high quality care and I know that Ceri is already a big hit with our residents.”
Hickathrift House care home is run by Barchester Healthcare, one of the UK’s largest care providers.
The house provides residential and dementia care for 52 residents from respite care to long term stays.