New faces at The Woodman's Cottage
NEW faces at The Woodman s Cottage, Gorefield, are Ian and Debbie Ribbands who want to build on the pub s reputation for good food. The couple took over the pub from Maggie and Richard Tuck who had been running it since 1999. Maggie had started at the pub
NEW faces at The Woodman's Cottage, Gorefield, are Ian and Debbie Ribbands who want to build on the pub's reputation for good food.
The couple took over the pub from Maggie and Richard Tuck who had been running it since 1999. Maggie had started at the pub as a barmaid in 1985.
Ian and Debbie have employed managers to run their pub in King's Lynn, The Woolpack in Gaywood Road, and will be making their home at The Woodmans.
Ian said: "We were looking for a food-led pub and we were attracted here by the restaurant. It is a lovely, rural place and the customers and staff have been brilliant in helping us through the transition."
You may also want to watch:
Debbie, who is charge of the cooking, has been in the pub trade for 27 years. Ian has done a variety of jobs, from working in bingo halls to taxi driving. He enjoys working front of house.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 9 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online