“You don’t stop dancing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop dancing” – new over 55s dance class comes to Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech fitness group Dance Fit with Conan has announced a new class exclusively for people over the age of 55.
The class, ‘Dance Through The Decades’, is said to be “easy to follow” and “extremely fun”.
It has only been running for three weeks and has already attracted a number of budding mature dancers.
Conan Nicholas, owner of the group, aims to improve participants’ confidence, balance and fitness levels.
The group is targeted at people living in Wisbech and the surrounding areas.
Conan started dancing at the age of 13 at the Cynthia Maxey School of dance in Wisbech and by 18 he won a scholarship to the Urdang Academy in London.
He graduated three years later, gaining a national diploma in professional musical theatre.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 3 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Detectives given longer to question Downham Market murder suspects
- 6 Murder probe sends 'shockwaves' through community
- 7 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 8 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 9 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 10 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
He said: “Dance is a way to ensure a long, happy and health life.
“Many spaces are still available with possible new classes being added throughout the week.
“We are urging anyone who enjoys dancing and is over 55 to come along and give it a go.”
For more information, visit: www.dancefitwithconan.com