“You don’t stop dancing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop dancing” – new over 55s dance class comes to Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech fitness group Dance Fit with Conan has announced a new class exclusively for people over the age of 55.
The class, ‘Dance Through The Decades’, is said to be “easy to follow” and “extremely fun”.
It has only been running for three weeks and has already attracted a number of budding mature dancers.
Conan Nicholas, owner of the group, aims to improve participants’ confidence, balance and fitness levels.
The group is targeted at people living in Wisbech and the surrounding areas.
You may also want to watch:
Conan started dancing at the age of 13 at the Cynthia Maxey School of dance in Wisbech and by 18 he won a scholarship to the Urdang Academy in London.
He graduated three years later, gaining a national diploma in professional musical theatre.
- 1 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 9 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 10 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
He said: “Dance is a way to ensure a long, happy and health life.
“Many spaces are still available with possible new classes being added throughout the week.
“We are urging anyone who enjoys dancing and is over 55 to come along and give it a go.”
For more information, visit: www.dancefitwithconan.com