New community first responders complete training in Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
Four volunteer life-savers are celebrating having passed training to become community first responders (CFR).
The recruits are now ready to respond to patients in their communities after completing the training at the weekend.
They passed their assessments at Peterborough ambulance station on September 24 and will join groups in Wisbech St Mary, Huntingdon and Peterborough.
The responders were put through an 18-hour course by trainers from the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust (EEAST), which involved learning how to assess patients and vital lifesaving skills including cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and using a defibrillator.
They will now be able to attend medical emergencies including cardiac arrests, allergic reactions, chokings, patients with breathing difficulties or chest pain and diabetic emergencies.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Barlow, community collaboration manager, said: “Every minute counts when someone is in cardiac arrest, which is why CFRs attending emergencies where they live or work helps save lives.
“Congratulations to our new CFRs who have worked really hard and will make a great difference to their communities and I’d like to wish them all the best for their future responding.”
- 1 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 4 Shotgun, fake cash and cannabis found at suspected dealer’s home
- 5 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 6 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 7 Urgent repairs at Wisbech Museum due to start
- 8 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 9 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 10 Civic business as usual for under fire Wisbech mayor
For more information on becoming a CFR, visit www.eastamb.nhs.uk/join-the-team/community-first-responders or email firstname.lastname@example.org