New Co-op food store coming to Upwell in 2018
- Credit: Archant
Upwell near Wisbech will see a new Co-op food store open in the first half of this year.
The new store is part of plans by Co-op Group to open 100 new stores this year, creating 1,600 jobs, and to refit or relocate a further 150 outlets.
It follows new food stores opening in Hemsby (a £1.2m investment which created more than 20 jobs), Cromer and Hingham in the second half of 2017.
Jo Whitfield, chief executive of Co-op Food, said: “The Co-op is positively responding to the changes occurring within this dynamic sector. Our food business is going from strength to strength in what is clearly a challenging retail market.
“We have the ambition for our stores to be at the heart of local life, bringing communities together and offering our members and customers great quality products when and where they need them.”
You may also want to watch:
Co-op Group, which is separate to the East of England Co-op, has around 30 food stores in Norfolk and Suffolk.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 'Eccentric traveller' spotted riding vintage bicycle ahead of historic trip