New Co-op food store coming to Upwell in 2018
- Credit: Archant
Upwell near Wisbech will see a new Co-op food store open in the first half of this year.
The new store is part of plans by Co-op Group to open 100 new stores this year, creating 1,600 jobs, and to refit or relocate a further 150 outlets.
It follows new food stores opening in Hemsby (a £1.2m investment which created more than 20 jobs), Cromer and Hingham in the second half of 2017.
Jo Whitfield, chief executive of Co-op Food, said: “The Co-op is positively responding to the changes occurring within this dynamic sector. Our food business is going from strength to strength in what is clearly a challenging retail market.
“We have the ambition for our stores to be at the heart of local life, bringing communities together and offering our members and customers great quality products when and where they need them.”
You may also want to watch:
Co-op Group, which is separate to the East of England Co-op, has around 30 food stores in Norfolk and Suffolk.
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 6 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 7 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 10 £2,000 boost gives Saints a solid restart from lockdown