New Co-op food store coming to Upwell in 2018
- Credit: Archant
Upwell near Wisbech will see a new Co-op food store open in the first half of this year.
The new store is part of plans by Co-op Group to open 100 new stores this year, creating 1,600 jobs, and to refit or relocate a further 150 outlets.
It follows new food stores opening in Hemsby (a £1.2m investment which created more than 20 jobs), Cromer and Hingham in the second half of 2017.
Jo Whitfield, chief executive of Co-op Food, said: “The Co-op is positively responding to the changes occurring within this dynamic sector. Our food business is going from strength to strength in what is clearly a challenging retail market.
“We have the ambition for our stores to be at the heart of local life, bringing communities together and offering our members and customers great quality products when and where they need them.”
You may also want to watch:
Co-op Group, which is separate to the East of England Co-op, has around 30 food stores in Norfolk and Suffolk.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 6 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life