Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club elect new chairman for 2020
- Credit: Archant
It was out with the old and in with the new as Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club welcomed a new chairman this week.
John Groom inducted Michael Bates with his chain of office at the club's annual meeting, as the new chairman outlined his plans and his charity for 2020 - the Wisbech Stroke Club.
A club spokesperson said: "The club will seek to get younger members to join and to resolve a club website in addition to our Facebook site."
Under Mr Groom's leadership, £1,850 was raised for his chosen charity as members enjoyed outings including a boat trip and a successful grand ball.
The elected officers for the coming year are: chairman Michael Bates; secretary David Bruch, treasurer Richard Wilson, assistant treasurer Colin Harvey, press secretary Peter Dennis and speaker finder David Hodgson.
You may also want to watch:
Committee members elected were Roy Duff, Martin Eggett, Robin Harnwell, Colin Harvey, Brian Kierman, and David Patrick.
The next club meeting is on Wednesday February 12 when Mr Groom's cheque will be presented.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary