Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club elect new chairman for 2020
- Credit: Archant
It was out with the old and in with the new as Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club welcomed a new chairman this week.
John Groom inducted Michael Bates with his chain of office at the club's annual meeting, as the new chairman outlined his plans and his charity for 2020 - the Wisbech Stroke Club.
A club spokesperson said: "The club will seek to get younger members to join and to resolve a club website in addition to our Facebook site."
Under Mr Groom's leadership, £1,850 was raised for his chosen charity as members enjoyed outings including a boat trip and a successful grand ball.
The elected officers for the coming year are: chairman Michael Bates; secretary David Bruch, treasurer Richard Wilson, assistant treasurer Colin Harvey, press secretary Peter Dennis and speaker finder David Hodgson.
You may also want to watch:
Committee members elected were Roy Duff, Martin Eggett, Robin Harnwell, Colin Harvey, Brian Kierman, and David Patrick.
The next club meeting is on Wednesday February 12 when Mr Groom's cheque will be presented.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 7 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 8 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 9 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit