New £1.1m Marshland Hall is nearing completion and here’s what you can expect to see inside
- Credit: Archant
An entertainment complex in Marshland St James will open within the coming months – Here’s what you can expect inside the million pound build.
Marshland Hall will feature a cinema screen, sports facilities and meeting rooms and is being built thanks to funding from The Big Lottery.
A total of £700,000 was awarded to Marshland St James and District Community and Sports Centre from the Lottery’s reaching communities money pot.
A spokesman said: “The high ceilings and two light reception rooms will provide a wealth of space for community activities, classes, indoor sports, events and entertainment.
“Set adjacent to the children’s playground and on the edge of the large village playing field, The Hall is presented in a great location with a landscaped community garden and to complete the package, shop and cafe too.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “The café is to be a much needed social hub and the Trustees are proposing to invite business proposals from interested entrepreneurs and interested parties wishing to lease this exciting new space in the Marshland Hall for the purpose.”
Along with a number of hard fought grants and community fundraising, more than £1 million was invested in the new hall.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 9 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
The main hall – with a state of the art sound and lighting system, featuring a built in cinema screen – has been designed to accommodate a wide range of activities and events.
The main hall will seat 185 people and is said to be large enough for a wedding reception or party venue.
The second – slightly smaller hall – will seat 40 people and could be used by smaller community groups or for training sessions.
Sports Changing Rooms, approved to English FA standards, fitted with showers have also been included in the build and a bar area and shop will be developed too.
Marshland Hall is being completed by Kings Lynn construction company, Walker Construction Services Ltd with the final design by Swann Edwards Architecture.
The Hall is launching an open week during half term on Monday February 12 to Sunday 18 in 2018.
The open day is an opportunity for anyone who would like promote or exhibit courses or classes with a view of using the Main Hall or Meeting Room.
To take part or to hire the facilities at The Marshland Hall, visit: www.marshlandhall.org.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.