Nene Infant and Nursery School pupils enjoy Cooks On The Move cookery workshop
- Credit: Archant
Cooks paid pupils a visit to teach them about healthy eating today.
As part of the Cooks On The Move project, run by the Cambridgeshire Catering Service, year 2 pupils at Nene Infant and Nursery School took part in a cookery workshop.
The children were shown how to cook scones, which they got to take home with them.
A Cooks On The Move spokesman said: “Our cookery workshops are designed to teach children to cook meals from scratch.
“This includes sourcing the right ingredients and transforming them into something wholesome and tasty.
You may also want to watch:
“We want children to understand that the easy option of living off frozen ready meals or fast food is not the right choice.
“Rising obesity in children is causing significant health concerns.”
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 3 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 4 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 5 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 6 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 7 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 8 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region