Nene Infant and Nursery School pupils enjoy Cooks On The Move cookery workshop
- Credit: Archant
Cooks paid pupils a visit to teach them about healthy eating today.
As part of the Cooks On The Move project, run by the Cambridgeshire Catering Service, year 2 pupils at Nene Infant and Nursery School took part in a cookery workshop.
The children were shown how to cook scones, which they got to take home with them.
A Cooks On The Move spokesman said: “Our cookery workshops are designed to teach children to cook meals from scratch.
“This includes sourcing the right ingredients and transforming them into something wholesome and tasty.
You may also want to watch:
“We want children to understand that the easy option of living off frozen ready meals or fast food is not the right choice.
“Rising obesity in children is causing significant health concerns.”
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 6 Council tax frozen after eventful but non event year
- 7 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured