Nene Infant and Nursery School pupils enjoy Cooks On The Move cookery workshop
- Credit: Archant
Cooks paid pupils a visit to teach them about healthy eating today.
As part of the Cooks On The Move project, run by the Cambridgeshire Catering Service, year 2 pupils at Nene Infant and Nursery School took part in a cookery workshop.
The children were shown how to cook scones, which they got to take home with them.
A Cooks On The Move spokesman said: “Our cookery workshops are designed to teach children to cook meals from scratch.
“This includes sourcing the right ingredients and transforming them into something wholesome and tasty.
You may also want to watch:
“We want children to understand that the easy option of living off frozen ready meals or fast food is not the right choice.
“Rising obesity in children is causing significant health concerns.”
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 9 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 10 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs