NE CAMBS: Support for Labour rises as our readers flock to register their 'vote' on line
THERE S been an extraordinary burst of voting in the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard on line election poll which has seen support for Labour rocket. Since launching the poll earlier this month on three websites, nearly 3,200 votes have been cast. The poll, t
THERE'S been an extraordinary burst of voting in the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard on line election poll which has seen support for Labour rocket.
Since launching the poll earlier this month on three websites, nearly 3,200 votes have been cast.
The poll, to find out our readers voting intentions in the Cambridgeshire County Council elections on June 4, still put Conservatives ahead but the gap with Labour has narrowed substantially in the past 48 hours.
Votes counted today show Labour to be surging ahead and there is evidence of late support, too, for Liberal Democrats and UKIP.
You may also want to watch:
Full results to date are:
• Conservative 1187
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 7 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
• Labour 1135
• Liberal Democrat 482
• UKIP 207
• Independent 68
• Green 56
• Don't know 45
Voting takes place on June 4 and polling stations will be open from 7am to 10 pm and you should attend your local polling station as named on your polling card.
The election results will be announced on Friday, 5 June 2009 and you may see the results as they come in via our on-line service.
(The on line poll is also being conducted on our sister website, www.cambs24.co.uk)