NE CAMBS: Support for Labour rises as our readers flock to register their 'vote' on line
THERE S been an extraordinary burst of voting in the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard on line election poll which has seen support for Labour rocket. Since launching the poll earlier this month on three websites, nearly 3,200 votes have been cast. The poll, t
THERE'S been an extraordinary burst of voting in the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard on line election poll which has seen support for Labour rocket.
Since launching the poll earlier this month on three websites, nearly 3,200 votes have been cast.
The poll, to find out our readers voting intentions in the Cambridgeshire County Council elections on June 4, still put Conservatives ahead but the gap with Labour has narrowed substantially in the past 48 hours.
Votes counted today show Labour to be surging ahead and there is evidence of late support, too, for Liberal Democrats and UKIP.
You may also want to watch:
Full results to date are:
• Conservative 1187
- 1 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 2 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Citizens Advice Rural Cambs open doors to new office
• Labour 1135
• Liberal Democrat 482
• UKIP 207
• Independent 68
• Green 56
• Don't know 45
Voting takes place on June 4 and polling stations will be open from 7am to 10 pm and you should attend your local polling station as named on your polling card.
The election results will be announced on Friday, 5 June 2009 and you may see the results as they come in via our on-line service.
(The on line poll is also being conducted on our sister website, www.cambs24.co.uk)