NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay quizzed by Wisbech school board
STEVE Barclay MP will take lessons learned from tour of a Wisbech school to use them in the House of Commons.
Pupils and staff showed Mr Barclay round Elm Road Primary school during which he saw many of the classes before he answered questions from the School Council.
The NE Cambs MP also had a working lunch with head teachers from the Wisbech Schools Partnership.
He said: “It was a really uplifting experience to visit Elm Road Primary and see such a positive and happy school environment.
“I very much enjoyed meeting with the children and teachers and answering questions from the school council.
You may also want to watch:
“It was also a fantastic opportunity to discuss education policy with local head teachers which will prove valuable next time these issues are debated in the House of Commons.”
Graham Lockwood, Elm Road head teacher, said: “It was a pleasure to show Mr Barclay around, and it is great to see the MP taking such an interest in local schools.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 6 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 7 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
The tour was part of Mr Barclay’s plans to visit every school in north east Cambridgshire during the course of this Parliament.