NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay quizzed by Wisbech school board
STEVE Barclay MP will take lessons learned from tour of a Wisbech school to use them in the House of Commons.
Pupils and staff showed Mr Barclay round Elm Road Primary school during which he saw many of the classes before he answered questions from the School Council.
The NE Cambs MP also had a working lunch with head teachers from the Wisbech Schools Partnership.
He said: “It was a really uplifting experience to visit Elm Road Primary and see such a positive and happy school environment.
“I very much enjoyed meeting with the children and teachers and answering questions from the school council.
You may also want to watch:
“It was also a fantastic opportunity to discuss education policy with local head teachers which will prove valuable next time these issues are debated in the House of Commons.”
Graham Lockwood, Elm Road head teacher, said: “It was a pleasure to show Mr Barclay around, and it is great to see the MP taking such an interest in local schools.”
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
The tour was part of Mr Barclay’s plans to visit every school in north east Cambridgshire during the course of this Parliament.