NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay quizzed by Wisbech school board
STEVE Barclay MP will take lessons learned from tour of a Wisbech school to use them in the House of Commons.
Pupils and staff showed Mr Barclay round Elm Road Primary school during which he saw many of the classes before he answered questions from the School Council.
The NE Cambs MP also had a working lunch with head teachers from the Wisbech Schools Partnership.
He said: “It was a really uplifting experience to visit Elm Road Primary and see such a positive and happy school environment.
“I very much enjoyed meeting with the children and teachers and answering questions from the school council.
You may also want to watch:
“It was also a fantastic opportunity to discuss education policy with local head teachers which will prove valuable next time these issues are debated in the House of Commons.”
Graham Lockwood, Elm Road head teacher, said: “It was a pleasure to show Mr Barclay around, and it is great to see the MP taking such an interest in local schools.”
- 1 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
The tour was part of Mr Barclay’s plans to visit every school in north east Cambridgshire during the course of this Parliament.