Natwest to close bank in Wisbech and unveil paying-in machine at second branch
NATWEST is to close one of its banks in Wisbech - replacing it with a machine for counting cash and cheques, which will be installed at their other branch in the town.
The company has decided to close the Exchange Lane branch due to a drop in customer usage. They hope to transfer their customers to the Market Place branch, which will be fitted the new cash and deposit (CDM) machine.
The machine, which is said to “cut queuing times”, can print receipts and has an automatic paying-in service.
Emily Humphreys, branch manager, said: “My team and I are delighted to be able to offer this additional service to our customers.
“We have recently made the difficult decision to close our Exchange Lane branch as customer usage there has dropped significantly and transfer our customers to Market Place.
“With this in mind, I want to make sure that we maintain our excellent levels of customer service and queuing times when we welcome the new customers to the branch.
“In addition to bringing in two members of staff to Market Place and building a new interview room, our ‘CDM’ will prove to be a great addition to the service we offer to our customers.
- 1 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 3 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 4 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 5 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 6 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 7 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 8 Donkeys' grassland could be replaced with seven homes
- 9 Teens arrested after woman threatened with hammer in Wisbech
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
“The on-screen instructions on the ‘CDM’ make the facilities very simple to use as well as quick and we will be on hand to assist anyone wanting to give them a try.”
To find out about the new machine service, which is available to both business and personal customers, or to discuss other ways that NatWest can help, call into the branch.