Lions commend cinema manager for lockdown volunteering
- Credit: WISBECH LIONS CLUB
The manager of an independent cinema in Wisbech has been commended for his volunteering during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Nathan Smith was presented with the banner of the Wisbech Lions Club and a Lions Clubs International Certificate of Appreciation for his efforts over the last year.
The commendation was made by club president Lion Alan, vice-president Lion Caroline, membership chair and second vice-president Lion Marilyn and club secretary Lion Bill.
Nathan has provided support for the club by holding online events that have resulted in donations to its PayPal giving fund.
As a member of the Royal Voluntary Service, Nathan has also been doing vaccine hub shifts whilst also gearing up for the reopening of The Luxe Cinema on May 17.
"Thank you Nathan for all you have been doing and for all you have suggested you may be able to do in the future," said the Wisbech Lions Club.
Nathan said: "This was a genuinely lovely surprise. Thank you to the Lions for this.
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 3 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 4 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 5 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 6 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 7 Jury deliberates in trial of driver accused of causing baby’s death
- 8 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 9 More than 1,000 children in need of fostering in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
"We love working as part of the community and look forward to doing it even more when we reopen."