MYSTERY: Cambridgeshire man wonders if he innocently snapped four UFOs hovering over London
WHEN Derek Burden decided to take a scenic photograph of London, for his partner, he had no idea that the snap appeared to show four UFOs shining brightly in the sky. It was only when he returned to his home in Leverington near Wisbech and the pair looked at the photo
WHEN Derek Burden decided to take a scenic photograph of London, for his partner, he had no idea that the snap appeared to show four UFOs shining brightly in the sky.
It was only when he returned to his home in Leverington and the pair looked at the photo on his mobile that they spotted the unique images.
The photograph was taken from 16 floors up on the roof top of Orion House in Covent Garden, London, at around 8.30am in November.
Mr Burden, 40, a taper and jointer, said at first he could not believe what was on the photo.
You may also want to watch:
But he said the photograph had not been tampered with in any way,
He said that when he had taken the photograph, he had not seen the images in the sky.
- 1 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 7 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 10 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
He said: "I just thought I would take some scenic shots of the London Eye and also Big Ben.
"There was nothing unusual in the photo, and it was only when we flicked through them later that we saw them and then it started a big UFO debate."
Mr Burden said he had been slightly freaked out by what he had seen on the photo.
He said looking at the photo it did make you think that maybe there was something else out there.
He added: "I have not tampered with it, and you would not be able to fake it, it was taken on my mobile and I guess I am just lucky to have it.
"It was not visible to the naked eye, and I was just not looking for it."
He said he decided to hand it over to the newspaper as he was curious to see what other people would think about it.