Murder investigation launched after stabbing in Eaton Socon
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched a murder investigation after a man was stabbed in Eaton Socon.
Emergency services were called at about 5.25pm yesterday (Sunday) with reports that the man, who is in his 30s, had received serious injuries in Prince Close.
Despite efforts from paramedics to save him, the man died at the scene.
The death is being treated as murder and a police cordon remains up at the scene.
One man in his 30s has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in custody at Colindale Police Station.
Four people have also been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender. A man and a woman remain in custody at Thorpe Wood Police Station and a man and a woman remain in custody at Colindale Police Station.
Detective Chief Inspector Mike Branston who is investigating said the death was being treated as an isolated incident.
- 1 Man alleged to have kidnapped child sparks heavy police presence
- 2 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 3 Fraudster rented out homes for cannabis factories worth over £300k
- 4 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
- 5 Man, 37, named as A14 death crash victim
- 6 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
- 7 Man suspected of touching child outside supermarket
- 8 Wisbech based Alan Hudson centre receives third outstanding award
- 9 Man who glassed another man in the head after a fight jailed
- 10 Cops catch out suspected drug driver who faked identity
He said: "We will be continuing enquiries today in and around the Eaton Socon area while our investigation into the death continues."
Anyone with information regarding this incident should call police on 101 quoting incident 367 of 13 October or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.