MURDER CHARGE: Suspect to make first court appearance after the death of Wisbech woman
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with the murder of 48-year-old Dzilva Butiene.
Kestutis Bauzys, 46, was arrested on Thursday (April 13) after a post mortem examination concluded Dzilva, of Oakroyd Crescent in Wisbech, died of trauma to the abdomen.
Officers were called by the ambulance service on Wednesday, April 5, with reports of the death in Orange Grove, Wisbech.
Bauzys, of no known address, has been remanded in custody to appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court tomorrow (Monday, April 17).
Detective Chief Inspector Jo Walker, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said: “I would like to directly appeal to anyone who knew Dzilva or Bauzys to contact us, either by calling 101 or if you would prefer to remain anonymous, you can contact Crimestoppers.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Major Crime Unit on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or via their online reporting system at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 10 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running