MURDER CHARGE: Suspect to make first court appearance after the death of Wisbech woman
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with the murder of 48-year-old Dzilva Butiene.
Kestutis Bauzys, 46, was arrested on Thursday (April 13) after a post mortem examination concluded Dzilva, of Oakroyd Crescent in Wisbech, died of trauma to the abdomen.
Officers were called by the ambulance service on Wednesday, April 5, with reports of the death in Orange Grove, Wisbech.
Bauzys, of no known address, has been remanded in custody to appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court tomorrow (Monday, April 17).
Detective Chief Inspector Jo Walker, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said: “I would like to directly appeal to anyone who knew Dzilva or Bauzys to contact us, either by calling 101 or if you would prefer to remain anonymous, you can contact Crimestoppers.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Major Crime Unit on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or via their online reporting system at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 3 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens