MURDER CHARGE: Suspect to make first court appearance after the death of Wisbech woman
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with the murder of 48-year-old Dzilva Butiene.
Kestutis Bauzys, 46, was arrested on Thursday (April 13) after a post mortem examination concluded Dzilva, of Oakroyd Crescent in Wisbech, died of trauma to the abdomen.
Officers were called by the ambulance service on Wednesday, April 5, with reports of the death in Orange Grove, Wisbech.
Bauzys, of no known address, has been remanded in custody to appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court tomorrow (Monday, April 17).
Detective Chief Inspector Jo Walker, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said: “I would like to directly appeal to anyone who knew Dzilva or Bauzys to contact us, either by calling 101 or if you would prefer to remain anonymous, you can contact Crimestoppers.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Major Crime Unit on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or via their online reporting system at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured