Wisbech mayor, Councillor David Oliver, is supporting the World s Biggest Coffee Morning, Macmillan Cancer Support s annual fund-raising event which takes place on September 29. Cllr Oliver helped to launch the initiative at Peckover House with some of t
Wisbech mayor, Councillor David Oliver, is supporting the World's Biggest Coffee Morning, Macmillan Cancer Support's annual fund-raising event which takes place on September 29.
Cllr Oliver helped to launch the initiative at Peckover House with some of the cast from the Chapterhouse Shakespeare Company's production of A Midsummer Night's Dream.
Last year, nearly two million people, including a host of celebrities, hosted or attended coffee events across the UK and raised £6.5million.
The charity hopes to increase this to £7million this year.
You may also want to watch:
To hold a coffee morning for Macmillan, register by calling 0845 602 1246 or visit www.macmillan.org.uk/coffee People can also support by making a donation to Macmillan Cancer Support by cheque or online or paying by debit and credit card on the number above.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time