MP supports sports club campaign
MP Malcolm Moss has thrown his weight behind the CCPR s campaign to support sports clubs in his North-East Cambridgeshire constituency. Former Liverpool and England footballer John Barnes joined Mr Moss at the promotion event in Westminster, which highlig
MP Malcolm Moss has thrown his weight behind the CCPR's campaign to support sports clubs in his North-East Cambridgeshire constituency.
Former Liverpool and England footballer John Barnes joined Mr Moss at the promotion event in Westminster, which highlighted a campaign to provide more tax relief for sports clubs offering sporting activities for children.
Mr Moss said "There are dozens of clubs in North-East Cambridgeshire that do a fantastic job providing sports facilities for children. Many of them are run by volunteers who put in a lot of time and effort.''
"They deserve more support, and providing tax relief on junior subscriptions is a great way of giving them that. I am asking the Government to expand the Gift Aid scheme to help children's sports"
Brigid Simmonds, chairman of CCPR, said: "This was a great occasion to explore with MPs how we could work together to improve sporting opportunities in local communities and clubs. We're delighted that Malcolm Moss is backing our campaign.
- 1 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 2 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 3 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 6 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 7 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 8 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 9 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 10 Primary school plans for new town take step forward