MP supports sports club campaign
MP Malcolm Moss has thrown his weight behind the CCPR s campaign to support sports clubs in his North-East Cambridgeshire constituency. Former Liverpool and England footballer John Barnes joined Mr Moss at the promotion event in Westminster, which highlig
MP Malcolm Moss has thrown his weight behind the CCPR's campaign to support sports clubs in his North-East Cambridgeshire constituency.
Former Liverpool and England footballer John Barnes joined Mr Moss at the promotion event in Westminster, which highlighted a campaign to provide more tax relief for sports clubs offering sporting activities for children.
Mr Moss said "There are dozens of clubs in North-East Cambridgeshire that do a fantastic job providing sports facilities for children. Many of them are run by volunteers who put in a lot of time and effort.''
"They deserve more support, and providing tax relief on junior subscriptions is a great way of giving them that. I am asking the Government to expand the Gift Aid scheme to help children's sports"
You may also want to watch:
Brigid Simmonds, chairman of CCPR, said: "This was a great occasion to explore with MPs how we could work together to improve sporting opportunities in local communities and clubs. We're delighted that Malcolm Moss is backing our campaign.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000