MP supports sports club campaign
MP Malcolm Moss has thrown his weight behind the CCPR s campaign to support sports clubs in his North-East Cambridgeshire constituency. Former Liverpool and England footballer John Barnes joined Mr Moss at the promotion event in Westminster, which highlig
MP Malcolm Moss has thrown his weight behind the CCPR's campaign to support sports clubs in his North-East Cambridgeshire constituency.
Former Liverpool and England footballer John Barnes joined Mr Moss at the promotion event in Westminster, which highlighted a campaign to provide more tax relief for sports clubs offering sporting activities for children.
Mr Moss said "There are dozens of clubs in North-East Cambridgeshire that do a fantastic job providing sports facilities for children. Many of them are run by volunteers who put in a lot of time and effort.''
"They deserve more support, and providing tax relief on junior subscriptions is a great way of giving them that. I am asking the Government to expand the Gift Aid scheme to help children's sports"
You may also want to watch:
Brigid Simmonds, chairman of CCPR, said: "This was a great occasion to explore with MPs how we could work together to improve sporting opportunities in local communities and clubs. We're delighted that Malcolm Moss is backing our campaign.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 4 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online