MP Steve Barclay enjoys a storytelling session with Nene Infants School pupils
- Credit: Archant
Pupils enjoyed a story time with a difference ... they were read to by an MP.
To mark World Book Day, MP Steve Barclay sat crossed legged on the mat to read to youngsters at Nene Infants School.
He read Owl Babies by Martin Waddell to one class at Nene Infants and a Julia Donaldson favourite Room on the Broom to another.
Afterwards, he enjoyed a tour of Ramnoth School visiting each classroom and chatting to staff and pupils.
Mr Barclay said: “It was great fun to read to the Nene children. Story time is an important part of the day for my own two children, Amelie and Luke, who take great delight in choosing a book to read at bedtime.
You may also want to watch:
“I have always loved reading and I’m enjoying helping them to learn to love books too.”
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter