MP Steve Barclay enjoys a storytelling session with Nene Infants School pupils
- Credit: Archant
Pupils enjoyed a story time with a difference ... they were read to by an MP.
To mark World Book Day, MP Steve Barclay sat crossed legged on the mat to read to youngsters at Nene Infants School.
He read Owl Babies by Martin Waddell to one class at Nene Infants and a Julia Donaldson favourite Room on the Broom to another.
Afterwards, he enjoyed a tour of Ramnoth School visiting each classroom and chatting to staff and pupils.
Mr Barclay said: “It was great fun to read to the Nene children. Story time is an important part of the day for my own two children, Amelie and Luke, who take great delight in choosing a book to read at bedtime.
You may also want to watch:
“I have always loved reading and I’m enjoying helping them to learn to love books too.”
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 8 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 9 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 10 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery