MP Steve Barclay enjoys a storytelling session with Nene Infants School pupils
- Credit: Archant
Pupils enjoyed a story time with a difference ... they were read to by an MP.
To mark World Book Day, MP Steve Barclay sat crossed legged on the mat to read to youngsters at Nene Infants School.
He read Owl Babies by Martin Waddell to one class at Nene Infants and a Julia Donaldson favourite Room on the Broom to another.
Afterwards, he enjoyed a tour of Ramnoth School visiting each classroom and chatting to staff and pupils.
Mr Barclay said: “It was great fun to read to the Nene children. Story time is an important part of the day for my own two children, Amelie and Luke, who take great delight in choosing a book to read at bedtime.
You may also want to watch:
“I have always loved reading and I’m enjoying helping them to learn to love books too.”
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47