MP Steve Barclay enjoys a storytelling session with Nene Infants School pupils
- Credit: Archant
Pupils enjoyed a story time with a difference ... they were read to by an MP.
To mark World Book Day, MP Steve Barclay sat crossed legged on the mat to read to youngsters at Nene Infants School.
He read Owl Babies by Martin Waddell to one class at Nene Infants and a Julia Donaldson favourite Room on the Broom to another.
Afterwards, he enjoyed a tour of Ramnoth School visiting each classroom and chatting to staff and pupils.
Mr Barclay said: “It was great fun to read to the Nene children. Story time is an important part of the day for my own two children, Amelie and Luke, who take great delight in choosing a book to read at bedtime.
You may also want to watch:
“I have always loved reading and I’m enjoying helping them to learn to love books too.”
- 1 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 2 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Citizens Advice Rural Cambs open doors to new office