MP opens new pharmacy
NORTH-East Cambridgeshire MP Malcolm Moss cut a ribbon to officially open a new pharmacy in the Fens. The Alliance Pharmacy store in Kirkgate Street, Walsoken, will offer services including blood pressure testing, weight management, medicine check-ups and
NORTH-East Cambridgeshire MP Malcolm Moss cut a ribbon to officially open a new pharmacy in the Fens.
The Alliance Pharmacy store in Kirkgate Street, Walsoken, will offer services including blood pressure testing, weight management, medicine check-ups and help with giving up smoking.
On opening the store on Friday, Mr Moss said: "Since the closure of the previous pharmacy in Walsoken people have been seriously inconvenienced and disadvantaged, particularly the elderly and young families.
"I am delighted that Alliance Pharmacy has responded so positively to the local requirements and invested for the future in the healthcare provision for Walsoken."
You may also want to watch:
Dr Liz Robin, the director of public health at Cambridgeshire Primary Care Trust and Cambridgeshire County Council, also attended the official opening.
She said: "The need for a new pharmacy in the Walsoken area was identified following a pharmaceutical health needs assessment carried out by the then East Cambridgeshire and Fenland Primary Care Trust.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
"The pharmacy will provide an accessible source of health information and services for the community."
David Standerwick, Alliance Pharmacy's regional general manager, said: "The new pharmacy is about providing the best possible service to our customers.
"The friendly team here will be on hand to offer professional help and advice to the community in Walsoken.