MP opens new pharmacy
NORTH-East Cambridgeshire MP Malcolm Moss cut a ribbon to officially open a new pharmacy in the Fens. The Alliance Pharmacy store in Kirkgate Street, Walsoken, will offer services including blood pressure testing, weight management, medicine check-ups and
NORTH-East Cambridgeshire MP Malcolm Moss cut a ribbon to officially open a new pharmacy in the Fens.
The Alliance Pharmacy store in Kirkgate Street, Walsoken, will offer services including blood pressure testing, weight management, medicine check-ups and help with giving up smoking.
On opening the store on Friday, Mr Moss said: "Since the closure of the previous pharmacy in Walsoken people have been seriously inconvenienced and disadvantaged, particularly the elderly and young families.
"I am delighted that Alliance Pharmacy has responded so positively to the local requirements and invested for the future in the healthcare provision for Walsoken."
You may also want to watch:
Dr Liz Robin, the director of public health at Cambridgeshire Primary Care Trust and Cambridgeshire County Council, also attended the official opening.
She said: "The need for a new pharmacy in the Walsoken area was identified following a pharmaceutical health needs assessment carried out by the then East Cambridgeshire and Fenland Primary Care Trust.
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 3 Table tennis club 'bitterly disappointed' to be told to move
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Flytippers target same Fenland road two days in a row
- 6 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 7 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 8 Cafe to shut for good after eight years
- 9 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 10 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
"The pharmacy will provide an accessible source of health information and services for the community."
David Standerwick, Alliance Pharmacy's regional general manager, said: "The new pharmacy is about providing the best possible service to our customers.
"The friendly team here will be on hand to offer professional help and advice to the community in Walsoken.