MP joins WI members for a centenary baton visit
- Credit: Archant
Local MP Steve Barclay joined members of Elm WI to help celebrate the group’s 100th anniversary.
The WI’s Centenary Baton was in the village for a fleeting visit as it continued on its national tour of the organisation’s 69 federations.
The baton, which started its journey in Anglesey where the WI was originally formed 100 years ago, has been touring the local area.
it has been to the Isle of Ely Federation, Emneth, Upwell, Friday Bridge, Marshland St James, Wisbech and Tydd St Giles.
Mr Barclay was invited to join the Elm branch members to witness the baton’s journey through the village.
You may also want to watch:
The baton will stay within the Isle of Ely Federation until Tuesday (October 28) when it will be passed on to Cambridgeshire Federation at a special afternoon at Witchford Village College where Michael Portillo will be a guest.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family