MP joins WI members for a centenary baton visit
- Credit: Archant
Local MP Steve Barclay joined members of Elm WI to help celebrate the group’s 100th anniversary.
The WI’s Centenary Baton was in the village for a fleeting visit as it continued on its national tour of the organisation’s 69 federations.
The baton, which started its journey in Anglesey where the WI was originally formed 100 years ago, has been touring the local area.
it has been to the Isle of Ely Federation, Emneth, Upwell, Friday Bridge, Marshland St James, Wisbech and Tydd St Giles.
Mr Barclay was invited to join the Elm branch members to witness the baton’s journey through the village.
You may also want to watch:
The baton will stay within the Isle of Ely Federation until Tuesday (October 28) when it will be passed on to Cambridgeshire Federation at a special afternoon at Witchford Village College where Michael Portillo will be a guest.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 6 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 9 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 10 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout