MP enjoys afternoon at Wisbech Rose Fair, which included “difficult” task of judging top-notch floats in parade
- Credit: Archant
An MP has praised the quality of the floats on display at this year’s Rose Fair parade.
North East Cambs MP Steve Barclay had the difficult job of helping to judge the variety of impressive floats on display.
The judging panel also included Mayor David Hodgson, Mayoress Judy Hodgson and town beadle Alister Hopkins.
This year’s theme was animated film and the winners were the Angles Theatre with their Frozen-themed float, which included the added bonus of a snow making machine.
The junior winners were Windmill Childcare with their Monsters Inc float, and Mr Barclay presented the trophy to them.
You may also want to watch:
Thomas Clarkson Academy was highly commended with their version of the Lion King.
Mr Barclay said: “It was a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. Everyone had put so much effort into their floats, so it was a difficult job choosing the winners.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Solicitor firm embraces legal sector apprenticeship scheme
- 4 Showcase status for Academy
- 5 Majority of councillors refuse to object to Wisbech incinerator - for now
- 6 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 7 Hare coursers handed Criminal Behaviour Orders
- 8 Drug dealer who led class A drugs line caught in police sting
- 9 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 10 Baby abuse among paedophile’s 290,000 indecent images of children
“I’m sure all those who came along on the day were impressed and I hope they enjoyed the event as much as we did.”