More than £480 raised as Fen staff and pupils grow out their facial hair for ‘Movember’
- Credit: Supplied/WGS
Staff and students raised more than £480 for charity as they grew out their facial hair for ‘Movember’.
Sixth form pupils and teachers from Wisbech Grammar School have committed to 60km of movement and grown out moustaches in aid of the men's health charity.
Movember works with a number of organisations to raise awareness and funds for issues such as prostate and testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention.
With £480 being raised so far, money is still coming in from sponsorship.
Kate Taylor, head of sixth form, said: "I am incredibly proud of the pupils and staff who have supported Movember this year.
You may also want to watch:
"It is important to challenge the status quo and to de-stigmatise male mental health issues.
"Our donations will help men all over the world live happier, healthier and longer lives.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 5 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 9 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 10 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
"Many thanks to everyone who has sponsored us."