More than £480 raised as Fen staff and pupils grow out their facial hair for ‘Movember’
- Credit: Supplied/WGS
Staff and students raised more than £480 for charity as they grew out their facial hair for ‘Movember’.
Sixth form pupils and teachers from Wisbech Grammar School have committed to 60km of movement and grown out moustaches in aid of the men's health charity.
Movember works with a number of organisations to raise awareness and funds for issues such as prostate and testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention.
With £480 being raised so far, money is still coming in from sponsorship.
Kate Taylor, head of sixth form, said: "I am incredibly proud of the pupils and staff who have supported Movember this year.
"It is important to challenge the status quo and to de-stigmatise male mental health issues.
"Our donations will help men all over the world live happier, healthier and longer lives.
- 1 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 2 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 3 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 4 Farm shop's green light for outdoor seating and play area
- 5 Partygoer who claimed ADHD caused him to kill jailed for life
- 6 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 9 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
- 10 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
"Many thanks to everyone who has sponsored us."