More than £480 raised as Fen staff and pupils grow out their facial hair for ‘Movember’
- Credit: Supplied/WGS
Staff and students raised more than £480 for charity as they grew out their facial hair for ‘Movember’.
Sixth form pupils and teachers from Wisbech Grammar School have committed to 60km of movement and grown out moustaches in aid of the men's health charity.
Movember works with a number of organisations to raise awareness and funds for issues such as prostate and testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention.
With £480 being raised so far, money is still coming in from sponsorship.
Kate Taylor, head of sixth form, said: "I am incredibly proud of the pupils and staff who have supported Movember this year.
You may also want to watch:
"It is important to challenge the status quo and to de-stigmatise male mental health issues.
"Our donations will help men all over the world live happier, healthier and longer lives.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
"Many thanks to everyone who has sponsored us."