More than £480 raised as Fen staff and pupils grow out their facial hair for ‘Movember’
- Credit: Supplied/WGS
Staff and students raised more than £480 for charity as they grew out their facial hair for ‘Movember’.
Sixth form pupils and teachers from Wisbech Grammar School have committed to 60km of movement and grown out moustaches in aid of the men's health charity.
Movember works with a number of organisations to raise awareness and funds for issues such as prostate and testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention.
With £480 being raised so far, money is still coming in from sponsorship.
Kate Taylor, head of sixth form, said: "I am incredibly proud of the pupils and staff who have supported Movember this year.
You may also want to watch:
"It is important to challenge the status quo and to de-stigmatise male mental health issues.
"Our donations will help men all over the world live happier, healthier and longer lives.
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 5 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
"Many thanks to everyone who has sponsored us."