Motorists caught at more than double 30mph limit near Wisbech school, speed surveys show
MOTORISTS were caught travelling at more than double the 30mph limit along a busy Wisbech road near a primary school, according to speed survey results released by police. The results show that 50 motorists were caught travelling along Leverington Road be
MOTORISTS were caught travelling at more than double the 30mph limit along a busy Wisbech road near a primary school, according to speed survey results released by police.
The results show that 50 motorists were caught travelling along Leverington Road between 58 and 68mph - and nine motorists were clocked at between 69 and 79mph.
The entrance to Peckover Primary School is in Leverington Road.
A fifth of motorists were also caught exceeding the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) guidelines of 10 per cent plus 2mph over the limit.
You may also want to watch:
The average speed along the road, however, was 30.5mph.
Inspector Clinton Hale, from the safety camera unit, said: "Sometimes this shows that perhaps speeding isn't as big a problem as people may have thought but in other areas it can identify a serious issue.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 8 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 9 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 10 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
"Using this information we can ensure the appropriate action is taken to keep Cambridgeshire a safe county."
Police have started to release the speed survey results as part of the 'We Promised and Delivered' campaign. All results are available via the force website, www.cambs.police.uk.