Motorists caught at more than double 30mph limit near Wisbech school, speed surveys show
MOTORISTS were caught travelling at more than double the 30mph limit along a busy Wisbech road near a primary school, according to speed survey results released by police. The results show that 50 motorists were caught travelling along Leverington Road be
MOTORISTS were caught travelling at more than double the 30mph limit along a busy Wisbech road near a primary school, according to speed survey results released by police.
The results show that 50 motorists were caught travelling along Leverington Road between 58 and 68mph - and nine motorists were clocked at between 69 and 79mph.
The entrance to Peckover Primary School is in Leverington Road.
A fifth of motorists were also caught exceeding the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) guidelines of 10 per cent plus 2mph over the limit.
The average speed along the road, however, was 30.5mph.
Inspector Clinton Hale, from the safety camera unit, said: "Sometimes this shows that perhaps speeding isn't as big a problem as people may have thought but in other areas it can identify a serious issue.
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 4 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 5 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 6 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 9 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 10 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
"Using this information we can ensure the appropriate action is taken to keep Cambridgeshire a safe county."
Police have started to release the speed survey results as part of the 'We Promised and Delivered' campaign. All results are available via the force website, www.cambs.police.uk.