Motorists caught at more than double 30mph limit near Wisbech school, speed surveys show
MOTORISTS were caught travelling at more than double the 30mph limit along a busy Wisbech road near a primary school, according to speed survey results released by police. The results show that 50 motorists were caught travelling along Leverington Road be
MOTORISTS were caught travelling at more than double the 30mph limit along a busy Wisbech road near a primary school, according to speed survey results released by police.
The results show that 50 motorists were caught travelling along Leverington Road between 58 and 68mph - and nine motorists were clocked at between 69 and 79mph.
The entrance to Peckover Primary School is in Leverington Road.
A fifth of motorists were also caught exceeding the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) guidelines of 10 per cent plus 2mph over the limit.
The average speed along the road, however, was 30.5mph.
Inspector Clinton Hale, from the safety camera unit, said: "Sometimes this shows that perhaps speeding isn't as big a problem as people may have thought but in other areas it can identify a serious issue.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 3 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 4 Clinical Diss left singing in the rain as Saints rue positive display
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 7 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 8 You hope for a silver lining - and this wondrous tree is it
- 9 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 10 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
"Using this information we can ensure the appropriate action is taken to keep Cambridgeshire a safe county."
Police have started to release the speed survey results as part of the 'We Promised and Delivered' campaign. All results are available via the force website, www.cambs.police.uk.