Motorist who drove dangerously on A1101 near Fenland accident blackspot given suspended sentence
DRIVING dangerously on the A1101 north of Wisbech landed a motorist with a three-month suspended jail sentence.
Arturs Galdiks overtook a car on a bend at Cider Corner, near Newton, lost control of his vehicle and hit a tree, Fenland magistrates were told.
Galdiks, 26, of Atton Avenue, Spalding, Lincolnshire, had admitted driving dangerously and without insurance or a licence on May 7.
He had also been convicted of driving without insurance or a licence in Spalding on March 30 and June 4, and driving carelessly on March 30.
Solicitor Michelle Cheatle told the court: “He is very remorseful and wants to apologise for his actions.”
You may also want to watch:
He was banned from driving for 12 months and must take an extended re-test being driving again. He must do 200 hours of unpaid work and pay �85 court costs.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 4 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 5 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’