Motorist who drove dangerously on A1101 near Fenland accident blackspot given suspended sentence
DRIVING dangerously on the A1101 north of Wisbech landed a motorist with a three-month suspended jail sentence.
Arturs Galdiks overtook a car on a bend at Cider Corner, near Newton, lost control of his vehicle and hit a tree, Fenland magistrates were told.
Galdiks, 26, of Atton Avenue, Spalding, Lincolnshire, had admitted driving dangerously and without insurance or a licence on May 7.
He had also been convicted of driving without insurance or a licence in Spalding on March 30 and June 4, and driving carelessly on March 30.
Solicitor Michelle Cheatle told the court: “He is very remorseful and wants to apologise for his actions.”
He was banned from driving for 12 months and must take an extended re-test being driving again. He must do 200 hours of unpaid work and pay �85 court costs.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 5 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 6 Clinical Diss left singing in the rain as Saints rue positive display
- 7 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 8 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 9 You hope for a silver lining - and this wondrous tree is it
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?