Motorist who drove dangerously on A1101 near Fenland accident blackspot given suspended sentence
DRIVING dangerously on the A1101 north of Wisbech landed a motorist with a three-month suspended jail sentence.
Arturs Galdiks overtook a car on a bend at Cider Corner, near Newton, lost control of his vehicle and hit a tree, Fenland magistrates were told.
Galdiks, 26, of Atton Avenue, Spalding, Lincolnshire, had admitted driving dangerously and without insurance or a licence on May 7.
He had also been convicted of driving without insurance or a licence in Spalding on March 30 and June 4, and driving carelessly on March 30.
Solicitor Michelle Cheatle told the court: “He is very remorseful and wants to apologise for his actions.”
You may also want to watch:
He was banned from driving for 12 months and must take an extended re-test being driving again. He must do 200 hours of unpaid work and pay �85 court costs.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter