Motorist hits parked car and flips on its side but driver escapes injury in dramatic Wisbech collision
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech road was closed for a time last night after a car slid and dramatically flipped on its side.
Emergency services were quick on the scene following the incident in Norwich Road near the junction with Ramnoth Road.
A police spokesman said part of Norwich Road was closed whilst the vehicle was recovered. The driver escaped unhurt.
On social media two motorists driving along the road at the same time shared their thoughts.
One wrote: “I was in the car behind - He was driving down the road, moved into the middle as a car was parked but then must have lost concentration.
You may also want to watch:
“He rammed into the parked car, drove up the side and flipped his car. They did a breathalyser and he wasn’t driving drunk.”
Another wrote: “I too was following him - he just ran into the back of a parked car and it rolled onto its side - couldn’t have been paying attention because you don’t just hit a parked car!!!!”
- 1 Body found in Wisbech road
- 2 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 3 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 4 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 8 Urgent police appeal to find man missing since Thursday
- 9 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 10 Travelling to be made easier for double-jabbed holidaymakers
The incident happened just after 5pm.