Motorist hits parked car and flips on its side but driver escapes injury in dramatic Wisbech collision
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech road was closed for a time last night after a car slid and dramatically flipped on its side.
Emergency services were quick on the scene following the incident in Norwich Road near the junction with Ramnoth Road.
A police spokesman said part of Norwich Road was closed whilst the vehicle was recovered. The driver escaped unhurt.
On social media two motorists driving along the road at the same time shared their thoughts.
One wrote: “I was in the car behind - He was driving down the road, moved into the middle as a car was parked but then must have lost concentration.
You may also want to watch:
“He rammed into the parked car, drove up the side and flipped his car. They did a breathalyser and he wasn’t driving drunk.”
Another wrote: “I too was following him - he just ran into the back of a parked car and it rolled onto its side - couldn’t have been paying attention because you don’t just hit a parked car!!!!”
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 4 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
The incident happened just after 5pm.