Motorist hits parked car and flips on its side but driver escapes injury in dramatic Wisbech collision
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech road was closed for a time last night after a car slid and dramatically flipped on its side.
Emergency services were quick on the scene following the incident in Norwich Road near the junction with Ramnoth Road.
A police spokesman said part of Norwich Road was closed whilst the vehicle was recovered. The driver escaped unhurt.
On social media two motorists driving along the road at the same time shared their thoughts.
One wrote: “I was in the car behind - He was driving down the road, moved into the middle as a car was parked but then must have lost concentration.
You may also want to watch:
“He rammed into the parked car, drove up the side and flipped his car. They did a breathalyser and he wasn’t driving drunk.”
Another wrote: “I too was following him - he just ran into the back of a parked car and it rolled onto its side - couldn’t have been paying attention because you don’t just hit a parked car!!!!”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 9 'Eccentric traveller' spotted riding vintage bicycle ahead of historic trip
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
The incident happened just after 5pm.