Motorist grabbed and threatened during road rage incident in Wisbech
A MOTORIST was grabbed by the throat and threatened by a fellow driver after keeping to a 30mph speed limit in Wisbech. Andy Smith, 61, was attacked shortly after turning on to Leverington Road on Friday evening, after a silver hatchback dr
A MOTORIST was grabbed by the throat and threatened by a fellow driver after keeping to a 30mph speed limit in Wisbech.
Andy Smith, 61, was attacked shortly after turning on to Leverington Road on Friday evening, after a silver hatchback drove past at fast speed.
The car stopped in the middle of the road and Mr Smith overtook, but the car overtook again and braked sharply, causing Mr Smith to stop.
Both men got out of their vehicles, opposite Yori-S Tyres in Sandyland, and Mr Smith was grabbed by the throat and pushed over the bonnet of his wife Marian's Ford Fiesta.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Smith, said: "I thought at one point I was dead. It was not a very nice experience. My wife was in the passenger seat and was frightened.
"I drive carefully and keep to the speed limit. The limit changed from 40mph to 30mph so I slowed down. I suppose he didn't like that."
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Body found in Wisbech road
Mr Smith managed to get back to his car, where he was again abused by the man, and was again tailgated along Lynn Road and Tinker's Drove.
Mr Smith said: "I thought he was going to assault me. So I pulled into the Londis shop, where there were quite a few people, and he drove off."
The attacker was white, aged 40-50, 5ft 10in with short black cropped hair with some grey. He was of large build, was wearing a green T-shirt and light shorts and had an Essex or London accent.
He also had a child in the front passenger seat of his car.
CONTACT: Police on 0345 456 4564.