Police say motorist guilty of ‘worst case of driving I have seen from a drink driver’
- Credit: Archant
A police officer described arresting a motorist in Wisbech as “the worst case of drink driving” he had encountered.
The officer says the driver of a Ford MPV was stopped in Clarkson Avenue, Wisbech, just after 12 noon on Friday.
“He was driving on the wrong side of the road down Clarkson Avenue,” said the officer.
“This was the worst case of driving I have seen from a drink driver!”
On Policing Fenland Facebook the officer said the driver was drunk and refused to provide a sample of breath at the roadside.
You may also want to watch:
“He was arrested on suspicion of being unfit through drink or drugs, driving with no insurance and common assault (domestic violence related),” he wrote.
“The driver was taken to the police investigation centre where he refused once again to provide a sample of breath. We have given him a bed for the night and we will speak to him later.”
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 6 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 7 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 10 £2,000 boost gives Saints a solid restart from lockdown