Police say motorist guilty of ‘worst case of driving I have seen from a drink driver’
- Credit: Archant
A police officer described arresting a motorist in Wisbech as “the worst case of drink driving” he had encountered.
The officer says the driver of a Ford MPV was stopped in Clarkson Avenue, Wisbech, just after 12 noon on Friday.
“He was driving on the wrong side of the road down Clarkson Avenue,” said the officer.
“This was the worst case of driving I have seen from a drink driver!”
On Policing Fenland Facebook the officer said the driver was drunk and refused to provide a sample of breath at the roadside.
You may also want to watch:
“He was arrested on suspicion of being unfit through drink or drugs, driving with no insurance and common assault (domestic violence related),” he wrote.
“The driver was taken to the police investigation centre where he refused once again to provide a sample of breath. We have given him a bed for the night and we will speak to him later.”
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online