Motorcyclist seriously injured in collision with car in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A 21 year-old motorbike rider has been taken to hospital with serious but not life threatening injuries after a collision between a car and a bike in Wisbech this morning.
The collision, involving a Land Rover Freelander and a Qingqi Ranger motorcycle, took place on the A1101 Sutton Road at about 8.30am. The bike rider was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in a land ambulance.
A police spokesman said: “Officers along with the East of England Ambulance Service and the East of England Air Ambulance attended a report of a car vs motorbike collision on the A1101 Sutton Road this morning.
“Officers worked alongside paramedics and doctors at the scene.
“The rider has been taken to QEH at Kings Lynn with serious injuries. The rider was not airlifted and they went via road ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers would like to thank motorists who passed the scene for not rubber necking or taking photos while driving.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 6 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 7 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 10 Wisbech boss confident of upturn in fortunes thanks to new-look squad