Motorcyclist seriously injured in collision with car in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A 21 year-old motorbike rider has been taken to hospital with serious but not life threatening injuries after a collision between a car and a bike in Wisbech this morning.
The collision, involving a Land Rover Freelander and a Qingqi Ranger motorcycle, took place on the A1101 Sutton Road at about 8.30am. The bike rider was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in a land ambulance.
A police spokesman said: “Officers along with the East of England Ambulance Service and the East of England Air Ambulance attended a report of a car vs motorbike collision on the A1101 Sutton Road this morning.
“Officers worked alongside paramedics and doctors at the scene.
“The rider has been taken to QEH at Kings Lynn with serious injuries. The rider was not airlifted and they went via road ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers would like to thank motorists who passed the scene for not rubber necking or taking photos while driving.”
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47