Motorcyclist seriously injured in collision with car in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A 21 year-old motorbike rider has been taken to hospital with serious but not life threatening injuries after a collision between a car and a bike in Wisbech this morning.
The collision, involving a Land Rover Freelander and a Qingqi Ranger motorcycle, took place on the A1101 Sutton Road at about 8.30am. The bike rider was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in a land ambulance.
A police spokesman said: “Officers along with the East of England Ambulance Service and the East of England Air Ambulance attended a report of a car vs motorbike collision on the A1101 Sutton Road this morning.
“Officers worked alongside paramedics and doctors at the scene.
“The rider has been taken to QEH at Kings Lynn with serious injuries. The rider was not airlifted and they went via road ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers would like to thank motorists who passed the scene for not rubber necking or taking photos while driving.”
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed