Motorcyclist dies three months after collision at Walsoken - police appeal for witnesses
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has died three months after being in a road collision at Walsoken.
Police are appealing for witnesses following the incident in June.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said: “It happened at Wheatley Bank close to the junction of the B198 around 11.15am on Tuesday June 13.
“A blue Sinnis motorcycle, travelling towards Lynn behind a blue Land Rover Discovery, was involved in a collision with a white Ford Mondeo travelling in the opposite direction.
“The motorcyclist, a man in his 30s, suffered serious life-threatening injuries and was taken by air ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
“However, he sadly died in hospital on September 26.”
The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident and re-opened at 3.50pm.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 6 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
The spokesman said: “Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or has information concerning the driving manner of either vehicle prior to the incident.”
• Witnesses should contact PC Keith Wiseman at the Serious Collision Investigation Team (SCIT) at Wymondham on 101.