Motor dealer in court facing 25 charges involving thousands of pounds worth of vehicles
FORTY-seven-year-old Kerry Nurse is facing 25 criminal charges involving thousands of pounds worth of motor vehicles. He is accused of stealing 11 vehicles, and fraudulently claiming to have carried out more than �16,000 worth of work on engines. Nurse is
FORTY-seven-year-old Kerry Nurse is facing 25 criminal charges involving thousands of pounds worth of motor vehicles.
He is accused of stealing 11 vehicles, and fraudulently claiming to have carried out more than �16,000 worth of work on engines.
Nurse is also accused of handling three stolen vehicles and faces four allegations of stealing cash.
Appearing before Fenland magistrates at Wisbech today, Nurse, of Pound Road, Chatteris, declined to enter pleas to any of the charges, which span a period between June 2007 and October 2009.
You may also want to watch:
The court was told that the complex case unit at the Crown Prosecution Service had put together a file against Nurse.
After magistrates decided that Nurse should face trial at Cambridge Crown Court, the court banned him from attending the Pegasus Business Park at Outwell as a condition of his bail.
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
He is due back in court for a committal hearing on February 16.
Charges facing Nurse:
* Theft of a BMW vehicle belonging to Danny Fox.
* Theft of a Renault Scenic, belonging to Peter Atkins.
* Dishonestly making a false representation that he would fit a reconditioned engine to a vehicle, intending to make a gain of �22,520.
* Stealing a 51-plate Daewoo Tacuma from David Northern.
* Committing fraud by making a false claim that he would carry out repairs on a car, to gain �2,847
* Theft of an 02-plate Volvo belonging to James Beckingham
* Fraudulently claiming he would fit a reconditioned gearbox to a car to make a �1,000 gain.
* Falsely representing that a gearbox he supplied was reconditioned, intending to gain �275.
* Making a false representation that parts were reconditioned or not supplied, intending to gain �550 and �1,852.
* The theft of a Volkswagen Sharan from Norah Cummins.
* Stealing �258.75 cash from Stuart Bradburn.
* Dishonestly making a false claim that a gearbox supplied was the correct type and reconditioned, intending to gain �522.97.
* Fraudulently claiming that a fitted engine was reconditioned, to gain �1,250.
* Stealing a V-registered Peugeot 306 from Elizabeth Ball
* Falsely claiming that he had fitted a reconditioned engine to a car, to gain �1,450.
* The theft of a 02-registered Ford Mondeo from Mark Jordan.
* Fraudulently claiming he had fitted a camper van with a reconditioned engine, to gain �1,450
* Receiving a stolen 54-plate Renault Traffic van belonging to Jason Price.
* Making a false claim that a gearbox he supplied was the correct type and in fully working order, intending to make a gain of �695.
* Stealing �1,286.87 from John Martin.
* The theft of a Fiat Coupe vehicle belonging to Andrew Maycock.
* Stealing �841.75 belonging to Trevor Hooper.
* The theft of �1,587 belonging to Mark Worrell.
* Stealing an 05-registered Volkswagen Toureg belonging to John Creighton.
* Fraudulently claiming that an engine was reconditioned, to gain �2,179.
* Receiving a stolen Volkswagen Passat belonging to Howard Gooder.
* Stealing a W-registered Peugeot Boxer van, the property of Rebecca Matthews.
* The theft of a Ford Transit van belonging to Rory Cullen.
* Receiving a stolen Mitsubishi, the property of Stephen Knott.