Enjoy a vintage afternoon tea at Peckover House in Wisbech for Mothering Sunday
- Credit: Archant
An afternoon tea is being prepared at a National Trust property to help celebrate Mothering Sunday.
Peckover House in Wisbech is offering the vintage style tea with sandwiches, cakes and tea on Sunday March 11.
Diane Smith, marketing manager, said: “Mothering Sunday falls early this year, but there is still plenty of colour in the gardens of the National Trust’s Peckover House to greet mothers on their special day.”
Catering and retail manager Laura Andrews, said: “The ever popular Mothering Sunday Afternoon Tea is being offered again this year and promises to be as enticing as ever.
“A mouth watering selection of savouries, sandwiches, cakes and cream tea will be served in the Reed Barn, a setting which adds a special touch to any event, in fact the event has become so popular that booking in advance is essential.”
You may also want to watch:
The Reed Barn is also the new home of the relocated gift shop.
New ranges of gifts, which have been inspired by National Trust places as diverse as valleys and headlands, form part of the season’s new stock, together with gifts for gardeners and the home.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 6 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 7 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
Afternoon tea is £15.95 (£7.50 for children). To book call 01945 583463.