Enjoy a vintage afternoon tea at Peckover House in Wisbech for Mothering Sunday
- Credit: Archant
An afternoon tea is being prepared at a National Trust property to help celebrate Mothering Sunday.
Peckover House in Wisbech is offering the vintage style tea with sandwiches, cakes and tea on Sunday March 11.
Diane Smith, marketing manager, said: “Mothering Sunday falls early this year, but there is still plenty of colour in the gardens of the National Trust’s Peckover House to greet mothers on their special day.”
Catering and retail manager Laura Andrews, said: “The ever popular Mothering Sunday Afternoon Tea is being offered again this year and promises to be as enticing as ever.
“A mouth watering selection of savouries, sandwiches, cakes and cream tea will be served in the Reed Barn, a setting which adds a special touch to any event, in fact the event has become so popular that booking in advance is essential.”
You may also want to watch:
The Reed Barn is also the new home of the relocated gift shop.
New ranges of gifts, which have been inspired by National Trust places as diverse as valleys and headlands, form part of the season’s new stock, together with gifts for gardeners and the home.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
Afternoon tea is £15.95 (£7.50 for children). To book call 01945 583463.