Morrisons Wisbech workers to take on a London to Brighton cycle for Sue Ryder
- Credit: Archant
Supermarket workers will pedal the distance from London to Brighton later this month in aid of Sue Ryder.
Colleagues at Morrisons, of Elm High Road, Wisbech, are preparing to take part in a static bike ride on July 25-26.
They will pedal at least 54 miles – the distance from London to Brighton – to support Morrisons colleagues who are taking part in a real London to Brighton bike ride on September 6.
As the finish line for the London to Brighton challenge is at Brighton beach, the static cycle will be seaside-themed.
The supermarket will be holding various fundraising events with the aim of raising at least £2,000.
Community champion Carly Oakley said: “We’re very excited about our static cycle ride, which we hope will kick off our summer fundraising in style and raise lots of money towards our national charity partnership with Sue Ryder.
“Our customers are always very supportive of our fundraising events and we hope they will enjoy the activities we have planned for that weekend.”
- 1 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 2 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 3 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 4 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 5 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 6 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 7 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 8 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 9 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 10 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
You can donate £3 by texting ‘SMILE’ to 70123. For more information about Sue Ryder, go to www.sueryder.org.