Morrisons Wisbech workers to take on a London to Brighton cycle for Sue Ryder
- Credit: Archant
Supermarket workers will pedal the distance from London to Brighton later this month in aid of Sue Ryder.
Colleagues at Morrisons, of Elm High Road, Wisbech, are preparing to take part in a static bike ride on July 25-26.
They will pedal at least 54 miles – the distance from London to Brighton – to support Morrisons colleagues who are taking part in a real London to Brighton bike ride on September 6.
As the finish line for the London to Brighton challenge is at Brighton beach, the static cycle will be seaside-themed.
The supermarket will be holding various fundraising events with the aim of raising at least £2,000.
Community champion Carly Oakley said: “We’re very excited about our static cycle ride, which we hope will kick off our summer fundraising in style and raise lots of money towards our national charity partnership with Sue Ryder.
“Our customers are always very supportive of our fundraising events and we hope they will enjoy the activities we have planned for that weekend.”
- 1 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 2 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 3 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 4 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 5 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 6 Father accused of baby murder blamed car seat for bruise
- 7 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 8 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 9 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 10 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
You can donate £3 by texting ‘SMILE’ to 70123. For more information about Sue Ryder, go to www.sueryder.org.