Morrisons Wisbech workers to take on a London to Brighton cycle for Sue Ryder
- Credit: Archant
Supermarket workers will pedal the distance from London to Brighton later this month in aid of Sue Ryder.
Colleagues at Morrisons, of Elm High Road, Wisbech, are preparing to take part in a static bike ride on July 25-26.
They will pedal at least 54 miles – the distance from London to Brighton – to support Morrisons colleagues who are taking part in a real London to Brighton bike ride on September 6.
As the finish line for the London to Brighton challenge is at Brighton beach, the static cycle will be seaside-themed.
The supermarket will be holding various fundraising events with the aim of raising at least £2,000.
You may also want to watch:
Community champion Carly Oakley said: “We’re very excited about our static cycle ride, which we hope will kick off our summer fundraising in style and raise lots of money towards our national charity partnership with Sue Ryder.
“Our customers are always very supportive of our fundraising events and we hope they will enjoy the activities we have planned for that weekend.”
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Loved by royalty, Wisbech museum gets life saving £616,000 grant
- 6 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 7 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 8 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
You can donate £3 by texting ‘SMILE’ to 70123. For more information about Sue Ryder, go to www.sueryder.org.