Morrisons Wisbech workers to take on a London to Brighton cycle for Sue Ryder
- Credit: Archant
Supermarket workers will pedal the distance from London to Brighton later this month in aid of Sue Ryder.
Colleagues at Morrisons, of Elm High Road, Wisbech, are preparing to take part in a static bike ride on July 25-26.
They will pedal at least 54 miles – the distance from London to Brighton – to support Morrisons colleagues who are taking part in a real London to Brighton bike ride on September 6.
As the finish line for the London to Brighton challenge is at Brighton beach, the static cycle will be seaside-themed.
The supermarket will be holding various fundraising events with the aim of raising at least £2,000.
You may also want to watch:
Community champion Carly Oakley said: “We’re very excited about our static cycle ride, which we hope will kick off our summer fundraising in style and raise lots of money towards our national charity partnership with Sue Ryder.
“Our customers are always very supportive of our fundraising events and we hope they will enjoy the activities we have planned for that weekend.”
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 10 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
You can donate £3 by texting ‘SMILE’ to 70123. For more information about Sue Ryder, go to www.sueryder.org.