Morrisons Wisbech workers to take on a London to Brighton cycle for Sue Ryder
- Credit: Archant
Supermarket workers will pedal the distance from London to Brighton later this month in aid of Sue Ryder.
Colleagues at Morrisons, of Elm High Road, Wisbech, are preparing to take part in a static bike ride on July 25-26.
They will pedal at least 54 miles – the distance from London to Brighton – to support Morrisons colleagues who are taking part in a real London to Brighton bike ride on September 6.
As the finish line for the London to Brighton challenge is at Brighton beach, the static cycle will be seaside-themed.
The supermarket will be holding various fundraising events with the aim of raising at least £2,000.
You may also want to watch:
Community champion Carly Oakley said: “We’re very excited about our static cycle ride, which we hope will kick off our summer fundraising in style and raise lots of money towards our national charity partnership with Sue Ryder.
“Our customers are always very supportive of our fundraising events and we hope they will enjoy the activities we have planned for that weekend.”
- 1 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 4 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 7 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 8 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 9 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 10 Veterans back for first time since lockdown began
You can donate £3 by texting ‘SMILE’ to 70123. For more information about Sue Ryder, go to www.sueryder.org.