Kebab shop serves up more than 400 meals for key workers amid coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland kebab shop has served up more than 400 free meals for our region’s key workers amid the ongoing widespread coronavirus pandemic.
Best Kebab BBQ and Pizza House at Nene Quay in Wisbech have given out hundreds of meal deals to those working on the frontline during the COVID-19 outbreak.
After originally only supplying meals to the NHS and care workers, the takeaway restaurant is now extending the offer to the county’s police force.
Jack Dennis, shop owner, says the kind gesture is to “show our appreciation to the health and emergency workers” and all they have to do is show their NHS badge or work ID.
Mr Dennis said: “We are still working as we are a takeaway and offer a delivery service.
You may also want to watch:
“We are we giving free meals to all NHS and care house workers to show our appreciation to the health and emergency workers for all their dedication during this unprecedented crisis.
“Show us your NHS badge or work ID to claim the free meals Best Kebab BBQ House in Wisbech.”
- 1 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 2 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 3 £1,000 donation will help bring school swimming pool back to life
- 4 LETTER: Why I quit as an independent to re-join Tories
- 5 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 6 Community order for woman who spat at police officer in 'vile assault'
- 7 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
- 8 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 9 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
- 10 Police seize e-scooter as part of action plan following hit-and-run