Kebab shop serves up more than 400 meals for key workers amid coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland kebab shop has served up more than 400 free meals for our region’s key workers amid the ongoing widespread coronavirus pandemic.
Best Kebab BBQ and Pizza House at Nene Quay in Wisbech have given out hundreds of meal deals to those working on the frontline during the COVID-19 outbreak.
After originally only supplying meals to the NHS and care workers, the takeaway restaurant is now extending the offer to the county’s police force.
Jack Dennis, shop owner, says the kind gesture is to “show our appreciation to the health and emergency workers” and all they have to do is show their NHS badge or work ID.
Mr Dennis said: “We are still working as we are a takeaway and offer a delivery service.
You may also want to watch:
“We are we giving free meals to all NHS and care house workers to show our appreciation to the health and emergency workers for all their dedication during this unprecedented crisis.
“Show us your NHS badge or work ID to claim the free meals Best Kebab BBQ House in Wisbech.”
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 9 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 10 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout