More than 2,500 Fenland people claim Jobseeker's Allowance in 2009
MORE people have claimed Jobseeker s Allowance in Fenland this year than any other year since its introduction, according to figures obtained by Malcolm Moss MP. The figures were revealed by the North East Cambs MP following a question to a Parliamentary
MORE people have claimed Jobseeker's Allowance in Fenland this year than any other year since its introduction, according to figures obtained by Malcolm Moss MP.
The figures were revealed by the North East Cambs MP following a question to a Parliamentary Under-Secretary for the Department for Work and Pensions.
A total of 2,575 people have claimed Jobseeker's Allowance in 2009, compared to 1,410 from the same period last year.
In the first year Jobseeker's Allowance was available - 1997 - 2,077 people claimed the benefit.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Moss' question also revealed that 4,490 people in Fenland claim Incapacity Benefit, down from last year's total of 4,700; and that 3,340 people claim Income Support.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 4 Showcase status for Academy
- 5 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 6 Majority of councillors refuse to object to Wisbech incinerator - for now
- 7 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 8 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 9 Secret Garden Party tickets sell out in hours of going on sale
- 10 New book launches recording family's Covid-19 experience