More than 2,500 Fenland people claim Jobseeker's Allowance in 2009
MORE people have claimed Jobseeker s Allowance in Fenland this year than any other year since its introduction, according to figures obtained by Malcolm Moss MP. The figures were revealed by the North East Cambs MP following a question to a Parliamentary
MORE people have claimed Jobseeker's Allowance in Fenland this year than any other year since its introduction, according to figures obtained by Malcolm Moss MP.
The figures were revealed by the North East Cambs MP following a question to a Parliamentary Under-Secretary for the Department for Work and Pensions.
A total of 2,575 people have claimed Jobseeker's Allowance in 2009, compared to 1,410 from the same period last year.
In the first year Jobseeker's Allowance was available - 1997 - 2,077 people claimed the benefit.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Moss' question also revealed that 4,490 people in Fenland claim Incapacity Benefit, down from last year's total of 4,700; and that 3,340 people claim Income Support.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 6 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 7 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 8 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 9 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months